losi 5ive t warranty claim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recived an email today from modelsport uk
engine at main supplier for inspection will take 7-14 day`s
then there`s no guarantee they`ll repair or replace
jeff.

when i got my buggy it sheered a spur gear and bent a shock in half within 45mins of taking it out the box. i email,d the seller who to be honest gets a bad press for selling all things clone but within 2 days a new shock and spur gear was at my door free of charge. i only paid £350 for my buggy and to be honest i had an idea things would break from the off but a buggy costing £900 and up, some thread lock in the factory would,nt go a miss.

Anything rtr should be looked over by the owner.It may of been built on an early Monday or a late Friday the the factory tech building it is hung over from the weekend or he has a hot date w/a honey and want to get going.I'm sure we've all been there.Any new rtr that I've purchased I always go over it,in and out.

tbh if i paid for a RTR model & its advertised as "ready to run" then it should be, no if's or but's! ..even more so as we usually pay MORE for a RTR model.

If i was bashing hard then yup, i would expect summit to break, but if it was my 1st tank i would be taking it easy running it in. So if summit broke.. it would be boxed up & sent back.

The OP had less than 1 tank through it when the problems started so it clearly wasn't RTR, in which case whoever was responsible for making/building it RTR at the modelshop should have his manhood crushed!! & the customer should be given a new one which IS rtr \o/

Last edited:
horizon

i had a problem with an out of the box item from horizon. the tec on the phone should not be allowed to talk to people, down right rude and insulting. after that was over, i sent an online comment to them asking for a response. that never happened. so, onward to other brands!

welcome to horizon customer service.

i totally agree with tizdaz...if you sell something ready to run then it bloody well should be...none of this "pre run checklist" crap that are essential with the cheaper Chinese offerings.

losi have marketed the hell out of the 5ive, even sponsored their own full size sc truck team...sc racing is second only to roundy round (nascar) in the USA so they have been clever and targeted an, as yet, huge motor head customer base who for the vast majority would be new to rc's....

so for losi to sell a rtr that then needs to be fully checked over because the assembly workers in China don't get paid enough to give a damn, and if it's not checked it fails, will bite them hard in the ass. if you sell an rtr or artr rc then they should bleedin make sure that they are put together properly....
losi are charging more than fg, mcd, hurrax that actually come with everything tight, so if losi are wanting more money for their offering then people should without doubt expect higher quality and everything to be ready to run.... not some poor assed excuse that we've all become used to of "you should check the fasteners on every rc before you run it" why the hell should you if you buy a rtr rc?

and unfortunately this isn't the first qc complaint i've heard

Last edited:
welcome to horizon customer service.

i totally agree with tizdaz...if you sell something ready to run then it bloody well should be...none of this "pre run checklist" crap that are essential with the cheaper Chinese offerings.

losi have marketed the hell out of the 5ive, even sponsored their own full size sc truck team...sc racing is second only to roundy round (nascar) in the USA so they have been clever and targeted an, as yet, huge motor head customer base who for the vast majority would be new to rc's....

so for losi to sell a rtr that then needs to be fully checked over because the assembly workers in China don't get paid enough to give a damn, and if it's not checked it fails, will bite them hard in the ass. if you sell an rtr or artr rc then they should bleedin make sure that they are put together properly....
losi are charging more than fg, mcd, hurrax that actually come with everything tight, so if losi are wanting more money for their offering then people should without doubt expect higher quality and everything to be ready to run.... not some poor assed excuse that we've all become used to of "you should check the fasteners on every rc before you run it" why the hell should you if you buy a rtr rc?

and unfortunately this isn't the first qc complaint i've heard

very well said, people are allways quick to jump on a clone rtr when somthing drops off on the 1st run but it seems when its the mighty losi brand some people can,t accept it. what happens when joe public buys a losi t and it fails 1st run out there just going to take it straight back and so they should.

thank`s again for the comments guys
now got to wait 7-14 day`s for a report/repair/return
and no comunication from either party very poor
jeff.

Unless there is a tag on it with big writing to stop everything and do not start until you go over every screw it should be there fault. Especially for the people that are newer to the hobby. These are not cheap and if you are new you just expect things to work which is not too much to ask.

It may be some people’s expectations are too high,wanting life to be perfect.
Ok so some screws come lose and fall out,or the wheel nut falls off and the nut is lost.A bad servo or tires not glued on with enough glue.

Can someone give me directions to the perfect planet so i can live the perfect life with my perfect toys.

It may be some people’s expectations are too high,wanting life to be perfect.
Ok so some screws come lose and fall out,or the wheel nut falls off and the nut is lost.A bad servo or tires not glued on with enough glue.

Can someone give me directions to the perfect planet so i can live the perfect life with my perfect toys.

when you spend a grand allmost you want perfect for a couple of days, not a couple of hours.

Unfortunately that’s how it is when things are mass produced in all items world wide.Not just adult toy cars.

yea i agree but when losi are putting there name on it people want a bit more quality or they might as well just go and buy a clone buggy for half the price. by the way where is the losi asembled.

thank`s for the replies guy`s
a brand new engine arived last week from main agent
all seem`s ok at the mo but look`s like the bearing`s arn`t up to much
so first upgrade all bearing`s thank`s again
jeff

thank`s for the replies guy`s
a brand new engine arived last week from main agent
all seem`s ok at the mo but look`s like the bearing`s arn`t up to much
so first upgrade all bearing`s thank`s again
jeff

not good having to replace the bearings on a brand new buggy mate. are they fitting the motor for you?

"hi"
no fitted it myself,no real biggie
due to the weather in the uk and where we bash (disused bmx track )drainage is an issue so puddle`s stay longer even in the summer month`s,so bearing wear is imenant but they are of poor quality from factory,iv`e a local bearing shop nr me that sell all the bearing`s even the flanged one`s and they do stainless steel but not cheep over £80.00 uk pound for all the bearing`s to fit the losi,jeff.

I hate rtr anything myself and have learned rtr means ready to rip apart and rebuild properly. so I'd rather have a kit. then I know when it gets built that it's done right (meaning not some underpaid production line worker that really doesn't care)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks