Losi DBXL Battery upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taller battery box and radio box lids coming in late April. You can fit up to a 7200mAh 7.4v Killer RC LiPo in there now. Plus more room for wiring, Super Bee kill switch, and other doodads.

w3u0.jpg

n1ux.jpg

Last edited:
All I can fit now is a crappy 2000mAh lipo but I forgot about it and it over discharged and got puffed. I'm trying to locate a liFe battery that has good mAh and will fit. My only consern is the 6.6v compared to the 7.4 of a lipo.

I'd get one of our 6000 or 7200mAh LiPos and just strap it in there with zip ties until we come out with the taller battery box lid.

You said you left the battery power on. Did you not have a Super Bee kill switch with buzzer? It sounds the buzzer when you turn off the transmitter power, or when the battery gets low. You would have heard the buzzer and it would have reminded you to turn off the rx power.

To be honest, after 50+ minutes of run time I'm done. So replacing the battery the next day is no biggie, as see what I broke anyway!

Ok KillerRC, getting ready to purchase your 7200mah for the DBXL & zip tie it in until I can get ahold of your cover. Question is, will it be plug & play or will I need to wire in some kind of regulator or other?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks