DBXL 2.0 Losi DBXL-E 2.0 front drive axles breaking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsepoweraviation

I received a DBXL-E for Christmas last year and I have replaced 4 front CVD axles and all of them were full steering deflections with or without a cart wheel.
With as big and heavy as this car is all the other components a pretty beefy BUT the CVD.
I believe the CVD is weak and needs to go back to the standard "doge bone" (like on the rear of the LOSI)
Is the and mods to this front drive system?
Are there and HD CVD axles out there?
I absolutely love the buggy so I need some help to make a good fix!

HPA

The 2.0 center stuff Is different. Front the 1.0, cant be used with out some major modification. If your talking about the front axles then your droop screws are set wrong. If your talking about the front center CV, the go buy a set of flm shafts, actually if your talking about any of them go buy the flm shafts. It will save you in the long run.

If by cvd you are referring to the u joint style shaft, then yes. Flm sells upgraded center shafts, and axles for the wheels. Never had issues with the flm shafts. Please note I'm speaking strictly about the gas, and 1.0 dbxl e. The new 2.0 dbxl runs different drive train from the original, and is not cross compatible from what I understand.

The 2.0 center stuff Is different. Front the 1.0, cant be used with out some major modification. If your talking about the front axles then your droop screws are set wrong. If your talking about the front center CV, the go buy a set of flm shafts, actually if your talking about any of them go buy the flm shafts. It will save you in the long run.
hey mate, what is the correct way to set the droop or know if the droop is correct, i have been having dramas with the inner hub axles pins snapping
E2B9D51F-03E5-4A9E-A1B4-6B9F7A1F7488.jpeg
i have attached some pictures of the axle i’m talking about. i have gone through a number of these axles, this is for the 2.0. can you guide me in some sort of direction to setting my droop or a quick way to make sure it’s correct, thanksB0A52138-E5A3-4D56-85BC-079BF4F41C3C.jpeg

First I set my arms parallel with the ground. Then set the droop screws. I set the buggy up off the ground by the frame and keep turning the droop screw in till the cv shafts don't bind. How I basically do it with all my rigs. Either the droop screws or get a set of limit straps.

First I set my arms parallel with the ground. Then set the droop screws. I set the buggy up off the ground by the frame and keep turning the droop screw in till the cv shafts don't bind. How I basically do it with all my rigs. Either the droop screws or get a set of limit straps.
thanks for your help 👍🏽 i will try this out, thanks again 😊

I should have edited to say, i set arms parallel to the ground via spring preload. Then set the buggy up off the ground by the chassis and set the droop screws. (Brian fart like normal lol)

I should have edited to say, i set arms parallel to the ground via spring preload. Then set the buggy up off the ground by the chassis and set the droop screws. (Brian fart like normal lol)
havnt had any luck what so ever, keep breaking every time i use the car, droop is set parallel with the ground, so there is very minimal binding of the cv joint. pretty much ready to bin it. waste of money lol

havnt had any luck what so ever, keep breaking every time i use the car, droop is set parallel with the ground, so there is very minimal binding of the cv joint. pretty much ready to bin it. waste of money lol
Try running thicker diff oil in the front and center to stop all the power from being transferred to one front wheel🤔

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks