Losi DBXL-E buggy!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my xl-e. I must have driven the thing for and hour and a half and it got dark before anything broke. This never happened with my baja. Gas is now outdated I don't care what anyone says.

I love my xl-e. I must have driven the thing for and hour and a half and it got dark before anything broke. This never happened with my baja. Gas is now outdated I don't care what anyone says.
In my opinion it's a big step back in time.
Just my 2c - others may think differently.

Agree completely, problem is most people have used old electric cars and remember the hassle and short battery life.

My Brushless Baja and Brushless FG Baja are superb ! stupid quick and 100% reliable. The last Bashfest I did the petrol cars were all getting hassle with hot dusty conditions with clutch problems, motors overheating and airfilters needing some major cleaning ! I just kept going round lap after lap.

We all love the sound of a 2 stroke singing but the simplicity of electric now wins over for me

Enjoy the DBXL-E i'm looking forward to getting one :)

How long do you get out of a charge and how long to recharge?
Thanks
80 minutes give or take to balance charge my 2 venom 4s 5000 mah batts. Haven't timed run times yet but I own 2 sets of venom 4s batteries, went to my spot at 6:15, and ran until it got dark. I will time them next time. batts are still new.

In my opinion it's a big step back in time.
Just my 2c - others may think differently.

just think no more air filters, clutch bs, pull start issues. Lighter weight truck. no mixing fuel, buying 2t oil. don't need a battery for receiver/servo. don't need 2 servos either. there is so much room in this chassis I could place a small child inside.

and batteries that are good for around 1000 cycles before losing performance, how many motors / clutches / brakes ect ect do the petrol guys get through in 1000 tanks of fuel ? :)

And main advantage of actually having reverse ! marshals loved me when I got stuck in tyres at bashfest and just reversed up and carried on

I can charge my 10,000mah bateries in 1 hour and can get around 30 minutes of run time and have 2 sets, last Bashfest I had 9 runs in a day, more time on track than the petrol guys I was running with.

Its all personal preference at the end of the day but Electric is here to stay and with a new type of battery ( lithium Metal ) on the horizon run times are about to double !!! that i'm looking forward to :)

I'm not complaining about run times now. I do hate these battery tray straps. any alternatives? also have you upgraded steering servo yet? if so, what type?

and batteries that are good for around 1000 cycles before losing performance, how many motors / clutches / brakes ect ect do the petrol guys get through in 1000 tanks of fuel ? :)

And main advantage of actually having reverse ! marshals loved me when I got stuck in tyres at bashfest and just reversed up and carried on

I can charge my 10,000mah bateries in 1 hour and can get around 30 minutes of run time and have 2 sets, last Bashfest I had 9 runs in a day, more time on track than the petrol guys I was running with.

Its all personal preference at the end of the day but Electric is here to stay and with a new type of battery ( lithium Metal ) on the horizon run times are about to double !!! that i'm looking forward to :)
A well set up 2 stroke will easily go 1000 tanks but if you are running cheap chinese parts you're going to have probs.
I will admit that having reverse is a big plus though

I picked up mine yesterday, I got it on ebay using a 20% discount code, so that saved me $300

Hello, where did you find the discount code for ebay purchase? That could put me over the edge to get one of these and ditch the traxxas slash trucks we play with now. Thanks much!

I'm not complaining about run times now. I do hate these battery tray straps. any alternatives? also have you upgraded steering servo yet? if so, what type?

For battery straps I managed to find some heavy duty ones on ebay that have tough canvas stitched into them ! no chance of snapping

Steering is done by Savox 0236mg, but the Hitec large scale is very good to.

Run times are nothing to worry about as I think its a bad idea to run for longer than 15-20 mins when driving hard ! run for 20 minutes then check how hot steering servo and diffs are....... centre diff gets crazy hot sometimes

I just bought my DBXL-E and I was looking at the YouTube videos and I seen the same buggy popping wheelies on his driveway how did he do that
Quality of batteries making the biggest performance difference, has he said it is modified at all though ?
also backing off slightly then punching throttle again can bounce front up in the air for a good wheelie

For battery straps I managed to find some heavy duty ones on ebay that have tough canvas stitched into them ! no chance of snapping

Steering is done by Savox 0236mg, but the Hitec large scale is very good to.

Run times are nothing to worry about as I think its a bad idea to run for longer than 15-20 mins when driving hard ! run for 20 minutes then check how hot steering servo and diffs are....... centre diff gets crazy hot sometimes
What kind of run times are folks getting on 5000 mah packs? I figure to get multiple set's of 500 over the 7K packs.

Did anyone who picked up the xle consider any other 1/5 electric's (xcr-1200E or other)?

just think no more air filters, clutch bs, pull start issues. Lighter weight truck. no mixing fuel, buying 2t oil. don't need a battery for receiver/servo. don't need 2 servos either..

All the things I love to mess about with and the only reason I am into 5th scales instead of those 10th scaled bewheeled flashlights that are all the rage atm. Also considering all the electric fires I have seen on youtube with electric 6th scales like the xmaxx I stand unconvinced by its alleged superiority. Both gas and eletric comes with each their pros and cons.

All the things I love to mess about with and the only reason I am into 5th scales instead of those 10th scaled bewheeled flashlights that are all the rage atm. Also considering all the electric fires I have seen on youtube with electric 6th scales like the xmaxx I stand unconvinced by its alleged superiority. Both gas and eletric comes with each their pros and cons.
Agreed - pro's and con's on both sides but I just got sick of dealing with gas. I have 8 fg's (road, f1, monster, leopard) and when I had older transport (cars) I was fine putting them in the back of my suv but now a days I really don't want to bother with gas anymore. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Losi - should be here early next week.

For those that converted to deans what adapter did you go with? ec5 to deans? Want to make sure i have the right ones.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks