Losi dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my DBXL. When I bought it at the shop the guys there told me there was an issue with the grub screws loosening up in the drive lines due to lack of or very little loc-tite during assembly at the factory. Since the one you are buying is used this may not be an issue but I would check those and all the screws before running it.

Also, with mine I ran a lipo battery. I believe this is what fried my stock throttle servo. I had replaced the steering servo shortly after purchasing the car (really expensive spektrum). For the throttle I used the Hitec D845WP which seems to be a pretty good servo for me. Just something to think about.

Sounds like a sweet deal, hopefully you can score it.

Are you talking about the electic DBXL or the gas DBXL...if its the gas one...yeah $450 is good. you could upgrade it pretty well and still come out less than a brand new DBXL....$1000.
I don't know anything about the electric DBXL

If cost doesn't matter get the 5ive B kit.
Final build cost might probably put you over $1500.

Typical gas build is below:
5B kit - $749
Motor (Zen G320) $305
Pipe - at least $200 (Victory, Bart, Booster, Olimat)
Servos x3 - around $300 total (hitec D840/845's)
Kill switch - $60
Battery - $52
RX/TX if you don't already have one for the kit - at least another $30-40

Or you could go the electric route....which i don't know anything about...

You can get it done for less if you can catch some deals on pieces needed to complete or buy some not top level brands..

Oh yeah...5b is a nice build.
Sorry about all the price info....

The guy sold it. Oh well. Looks like I can start looking at the 5b kit. It will take awhile to build because I want to deal hunt on parts. That and build up cash after getting kit.

Thanks everybody for input so far.
Are you talking about the electic DBXL or the gas DBXL...if its the gas one...yeah $450 is good. you could upgrade it pretty well and still come out less than a brand new DBXL....$1000.
I don't know anything about the electric DBXL

If cost doesn't matter get the 5ive B kit.
Final build cost might probably put you over $1500.

Typical gas build is below:
5B kit - $749
Motor (Zen G320) $305
Pipe - at least $200 (Victory, Bart, Booster, Olimat)
Servos x3 - around $300 total (hitec D840/845's)
Kill switch - $60
Battery - $52
RX/TX if you don't already have one for the kit - at least another $30-40

Or you could go the electric route....which i don't know anything about...

You can get it done for less if you can catch some deals on pieces needed to complete or buy some not top level brands.

Oh yeah...5b is a nice build.
Sorry about all the price info....

Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely going gas route. I like the sound.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks