Losi Mtxl Alternatives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashz

It is incredibly hard to find them in my country and they seem to be discontinued.
Does someone know any alternatives?
Or do I have to wait for rovan to copy it?

The dreaded Xlt450 from our guy that got a lemon is the “”official”” copy of the mtxl? Lmao.
Was the mtxl that big?

i wonder if xlt parts are interchangeable with the MTXL? i have an mtxl and parts are becoming scarce. i thought the mtxl was based on the dbxl, while the xlt seems to be based on the 5T.

Anyone here had first hand experience with the XLT?

i wonder if xlt parts are interchangeable with the MTXL? i have an mtxl and parts are becoming scarce. i thought the mtxl was based on the dbxl, while the xlt seems to be based on the 5T.

Anyone here had first hand experience with the XLT?
Yeah just looking at pics of the XLT. It's deffo based on the 5iveT, same transmission cases and all.

If you want a MT then you're much better off buying a 5iveT and putting the XLT wheels and body on it

Primal Raminator or Mega would be the better alternatives in my opinion. However, I have no experience with the Losi brand or with Primal, so I will reserve my comments on the subject. Considering the cost to build your own MXTL from individual parts. You could always opt for the used market if you can find one. The Rovan XLT450 is another option but will require some inspection and rebuild assuming the diffs are packed with marine grease vs silicon oil. Search the subject. Some may have had issues with the Rovan 45cc engines. May also need to change servos. I have a Rovan limited ed Baja, King Motor Deluxe Baja. They are ok. As for the 36cc Rovan engines I have been using, they are ok. I am using AGF servos with the Rovan and KM. Rovan/KM is a low-cost option and good place for beginners starting out. Not exactly sure what the cost of ownership will be to keep it going with the XLT platform. I did build my own Baja from parts, not inexpensive project but I got my fun out of building it. Waiting for better weather to run it with the new engine.

There is the Redcat Rampage XT, Exceed Hannibal. FG WB535 (1/6 scale). Not much to select from that are available in large scale. There is also MCD racing. They do not make a monster truck, but they do have a 4WD short course truck. Bit on the pricey side. I did think about the Rovan XLT450 but decided I would be better off with a Losi 5IVE-T or Kraken Vekta for my next 4WD vehicle. However, if I have to upgrade it, the Raminator looks like a better deal. Depends on what it is you really want.

There is a copy of the Kraken Vetka of sorts, FID Dragon Hammer. What is left, most are electric motor driven. ARRMA has the 8S Outcast or the other one, Kraton. Not much going on in that market unless you like to be green and silent and charge it (still has a carbon footprint since most electric power is generated by coal or fuel, then again is nuclear any better?) I would rather run dyno juice power than batteries.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks