Losi MTXL Gearing Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The turtle racing filter set up will need clearanced if the cage fits like on a dbxl.
Ya no cage really. It has a support that attaches to the engine for incase of roll over, supports the body a bit. I'm hoping the TR relocator will clear that one part of the support. Will find out very soon I guess.20181209_092356.jpg
The FID diff looks indestructible :oops: nice(y)nice dose the stock one look like this ?
Thanks Man! No the stock driveline is all plastic. I didn't want to have to be wrenching on it all the time after adding this engine.

20190103_221319.jpgWell there it is. Got the TR relocator with a baja filter. Jetpro pipe.
Using a TR clutch housing, Bartalone clutch bell carrier, Vertigo clutch bell and 20T pinion. Was a nightmare using these three manufacturers together. The Vertigo bell is a little longer and hits the TR housing on the inside. I had to notch the inside of the housing for clearance 20181231_124853.jpg
20181231_124731.jpgRight or wrong, it fits and functions.
Test fitting here20190103_220948.jpg

Last edited:
20190106_103834.jpgOk as an update: I can't use the 20T pinion, it allows the center drive cup to hit the engine case once the mesh is set correctly. So I have a 21T pinion there now. But the pic is the 20T with the mesh fairly sloppy 20190106_103834.jpg

That sucks mate! Too bad you cant wiggle the carrier over a bit.
It does suck. Hoping one tooth up doesn't kill the lowend and smoke the clutch. That's why I wanted to try the 20T first. Guess I could have notched the OBR case a bit. My luck I'd shave the case and decide I can go up a tooth hahahahaha

Nice! Glad to hear it working well for you.... just ordered the fid center diff mount for my dbxl and remembered you had one. ?
Thanks brother. This truck is running very well. Quite happy with the results. Need bigger dogbone pins though. Only thing I've really broke so far.
Here is a video of it. Check it out. Thanks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks