Losi5T2.0 and steering questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirthBrooks

Ok first off picture šŸ‘‡ is my stock setup . I'm wondering if the push pull system from 30Ā° North truck would be better steering setup than the stock Losi 2.0 version ? Or neither of those and the ADI steering setup keep in mind I don't own a V1 Losi for the 5T2.0 ....

Separate from that above
Should I just buy the MOD aluminum Servo mount. Or bonehead RC servo mount tray ?
I have 2 brand new servos both hitecs one is Dw840 for throttle and other is Dw845 for steering waiting to be installed but I need to know which I should get the MOD aluminum or bonehead RC CF servo tray ?
As always thanks for helping a rookie out here !
I don't see how the HiTec DW840 is going to fit in the original spot for the throttle servo it looks to large to fit where the stock one currently resides ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302_104944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_104944_Chrome.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230302_185135.jpg
    20230302_185135.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230302_185237.jpg
    20230302_185237.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230302_190355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_190355_Chrome.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Like I told you on facebook, mud doesn't play well with your servos and you'll be learning very very soon on how bad mud ruins your rig.

Moving on, the upgrade parts you want will be a pointless waste if you continue in the mud.

You NEED to buy parts labeled for the 2.0 as the 30dnt parts you seek do NOT fit your rig at all.
The steering Ackerman and all related steering components related to the steering links,servo linkage,Ackerman plate,servo saver are rig specific! I know its true as I bought 1.0 irp steering links for my 2.0 and I had to turn them down on my lathe because the 1.0 uses longer links. 30 dnt stuff is made for a 1.0 as they cloned a 1.0 and not the 2.0 so again don't do it. At this point you'll be shocked at how bad that mud just ruined your truck if you tear the whole thing down. I'd bet your bearings aren't going to survive another month of that.

If I was you I'd buy another truck to mod and make pretty with bling parts as that carbon fiber isn't going to help your cause. The mud is what destroyed your servo and why your looking for a better steering solution. Also if you want real steering power you need to get a high torque servo like a hilantronics. Best of luck to you man.

Not to keep throwing salt in a wound here but if you drove that truck under normal operating conditions and that servo crapped out horizon hobby would have warrantied that for you no charge. Now if you mentioned to them that you drove it in mud and its everywhere they would tell you your beat.

Last edited:
Like I told you on facebook, mud doesn't play well with your servos and you'll be learning very very soon on how bad mud ruins your rig.

Moving on, the upgrade parts you want will be a pointless waste if you continue in the mud.

You NEED to buy parts labeled for the 2.0 as the 30dnt parts you seek do NOT fit your rig at all.
The steering Ackerman and all related steering components related to the steering links,servo linkage,Ackerman plate,servo saver are rig specific! I know its true as I bought 1.0 irp steering links for my 2.0 and I had to turn them down on my lathe because the 1.0 uses longer links. 30 dnt stuff is made for a 1.0 as they cloned a 1.0 and not the 2.0 so again don't do it. At this point you'll be shocked at how bad that mud just ruined your truck if you tear the whole thing down. I'd bet your bearings aren't going to survive another month of that.

If I was you I'd buy another truck to mod and make pretty with bling parts as that carbon fiber isn't going to help your cause. The mud is what destroyed your servo and why your looking for a better steering solution. Also if you want real steering power you need to get a high torque servo like a hilantronics. Best of luck to you man.

Not to keep throwing salt in a wound here but if you drove that truck under normal operating conditions and that servo crapped out horizon hobby would have warrantied that for you no charge. Now if you mentioned to them that you drove it in mud and its everywhere they would tell you your beat.
Already bought new servos , I'm not really interested in the stock ones to begin with. So no big deal you live and learn I think that's kinda the point of the hobby especially for someone like myself . As for the mud I'll clean it out ... I have a outerwears over my starter and over my air filter I'll remove both and clean them . I wasn't looking to bling anything out just was curious what options were out to too put in the new servos I currently have . I'll pick up a new set of bearings they are pretty cheap . Thanks for the advice
Good gosh man..clean your rig lol!
It was one run earlier didn't realize the grass was that soggy until later , gonna invest in some MudGuards here aswell as some new bearings haha . Should I get a air compressor to start cleaning with ? Or what would you recommend to use as a cleaning agent?

Honestly 2.0 has one the best steering setup I had in any 1/5.

My cousin has the 30N buggy and first thing we did is to replaced the steering setup to a losi 5ive-b as the 30N is not that great. So that 30N setup you are basically downgrading.

Losi sells the push and pull setup (LOS351012) for the 2.0 and works very good. I have it on my truck and like it alot.

Here is my truck with the push and pull setup.

Last edited:

My cousin has the 30N buggy and first thing we did is to replaced the steering setup to a losi 5ive-b as the 30N is not that great. So that 30N setup you are basically downgrading.

Losi sells the push and pull setup (LOS351012) for the 2.0 and works very good. I have it on my truck and like it alot.

View attachment 85968
Agfrc! Wo hoo.

yup as other said, stay with 2.0. its a better design.
Thank you will do !! Appreciate all your guys help seriously

View attachment 85968

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks