MCD Race Runner V4 Competition some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hitec servo's (5755) are very good but are being replaced by the 5765. The Rhino's are good but are not dust or water proof like the Hitec and cost more!!!!

I hope not. the 5765 has the same power at 2S lipo voltages, that the 5755 has on a standard receiver 5-cell sub-c pack. the only advantage is that it is capable to run with Lipo, but I don't run lipos in my receivers.

Hey guys heres my thoughts on the V4

I only run standard size servo's on mine, 2 Hitec HS 7950th's on the steering and
a Futaba BLS 352 on the throttle and brake, 12 months of racing and there still spot on.

Had an issue with the gear carrier on the last couple of race meets, Think its warped with the heat and as twisted the clutch bell so ive burnt a couple of sets of clutch shoes out. Fitted the alloy carrier now so that should of fixed that but still got a good 12 months of racing out of the standard plastic one.

My V4 is the version 1 so had to fit the version 2 upgraded diff internals. Still running the standard shocks, Yes they leak a little but work well for me with 1000w oil in them.

Heres a few pics of mine after my latest re-build

10072011204.jpg

12072011213.jpg

12072011212.jpg

12072011211.jpg

NVR6128.jpg

NVR6129.jpg

wing1.jpg

Now ive run samba pipes in all my large scale cars and i must say the V4 pipe is very poor, The steel is very thin and ive seen three pipe split at the manifold
and not on a weld, A piece out of the middle just peals away. So before mine splits ive changed it for a VRC pipe. Much better build quality and not that much differance
in performance over the Samba.

All in all im very happy with the V4 and after running a Hormann HT2r its about a third of the cost.
Thanks
Dave..

Dreaming's a good thing. Gives you something to aim for :cool:

If I could sell some of my small scale stuff I could get one shortly. But for now my 5B SS keeps me content. After racing 1/8 scale buggies for about 5 years wanting to get a 4 wheel drive as they drive and fly so much better.
Thanks for the education!:)

Well 46, it's also just a dream for me at this point also. I love my 5t but I almost wish I could go back and get the v4 instead. As much as I've sunk into that thing I could have a very nice v4 haha.

I guess that's why I've been looking at the XB to hold me over. For less that $500 shipped I've been very tempted to pick one up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks