mesh mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done ! I'm thinking the same thing. Looks like silicone adhesive sealant to hold the screens ? This would be a great adhesive and somewhat easy to remove if you need to repair a punctured screen.

Nicely done ! I'm thinking the same thing. Looks like silicone adhesive sealant to hold the screens ? This would be a great adhesive and somewhat easy to remove if you need to repair a punctured screen.
silicone is exactly what i used its great coz it heat resistant as well

Anyone know where to this mesh stuff can be purchased in Canada? I looked in all the hardware stores for it here and they all only carry a very heavy gauge version that's got bigger holes and it's not very pliable.

Oh ok, I went in looking it calling it a steel mesh. Anyways, I just went to Rona and they had a similar type which they called hardware cloth, found in the farming section. Both the 1/8 and 1/4 hole size looked too big and nowhere like the one you used dougstar. I'll try Homedepot tonight.

I also I forgot to mention that the mesh pattern is different it's just huge squares instead of a small rectangle pattern.

Last edited:
That is fine if you was building a chicken coup!

Have you tried the window screen area?
A lot of times ,an old Ace hardware store has better stuff!

Exactly! The Rona I went to was just recently converted over from Ace and a lot of there stuff is the same stock. I did check the window screen area and they just had the normal window screen material with tiny holes. Do you guys have a size or hole size, almost be easier to get it online from Amazon?

Exactly! The Rona I went to was just recently converted over from Ace and a lot of there stuff is the same stock. I did check the window screen area and they just had the normal window screen material with tiny holes. Do you guys have a size or hole size, almost be easier to get it online from Amazon?

That that Doug used ,looks more high quality then just your average screen ,might an wait an see what that is!
perhaps stainless steel mesh!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks