mesh mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, I'll order that from Amazon. Btw, what glue do you guys recommend? I was trying to find something clear but I could only find 100% clear silicone which I'm not sure will work good on metal.

That that Doug used ,looks more high quality then just your average screen ,might an wait an see what that is!
perhaps stainless steel mesh!
That doug! :rolleyes: ? the stuff used was stainless ?? and when bought they sold it as,a,1mm aperture ( hole size)
Sweet, I'll order that from Amazon. Btw, what glue do you guys recommend? I was trying to find something clear but I could only find 100% clear silicone which I'm not sure will work good on metal.
I used clear silicon as the glue?? if your motor is used clean it first?? no dust a
Or water??

Some folk also swear by Araldite, or liquid JB Weld. As long as it is high heat resistance and a strong bond on a clean surface, you should be just fine. Might do well to clean and scuff the surface you're gluing for extra tooth. Worst case scenario, the screen will come unglued and bind the flywheel. I haven't seen any horror stories about mesh mods ruining engines.

It is hard to get stuff to stick to aluminum ,need to scuff up the surface ,perhaps clean with alcohol or acetone ,
one time ,I had to use weather stripping adhesive to glue the tires on to my aluminum rims on my MT.!

It is hard to get stuff to stick to aluminum ,need to scuff up the surface ,perhaps clean with alcohol or acetone ,
one time ,I had to use weather stripping adhesive to glue the tires on to my aluminum rims on my MT.!
I did not scuff my OBR block? but i did clean it with thinners first? the only thing, other than a clean...... make sure the mesh you use is dead pan straight coz if it is not it will touch the fly wheel (rub) makes a sh!te noise? i put some weights on the mesh while the silicone set to make sure?

I used No see'm fiberglass screen on a few on road motors to stop the micro stones in parking lots, still moved plenty of air.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks