Modified Pipes. Don’t be scared

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you have a pipe made for stock engines? Mod them. Why the hell not?!.
Just installed a Esp ported G320 on my hpi 5b. Didn’t have a Big bore pipe. So I modded an old dominator v2 pipe. Converted it to a side bleed with a larger stinger to flow better for the bigbore.
But also keep in mind. When you modify pipes, they change performance, in a good or bad Way. Now your sidebleed mod, I'm sure didn't really make much if any difference. If anything you probably gained a wee bit from a bigger stinger. But if you have no clue what your doing and just start chopping, changing pipe length, header length, ect, without calculations, it will change scavenging and all that good stuff and you can mess up performance. So yeah, you probably know this but I'm just putting it out there for people who read this threadm

Noted. Then I remember the motocross experience from years ago when I tuned and built my own 2 stroke engines and raced. Kinda why I like these toys. Smells and sounds. Not breaking bones anymore just pocket book.

Noted. Then I remember the motocross experience from years ago when I tuned and built my own 2 stroke engines and raced. Kinda why I like these toys. Smells and sounds. Not breaking bones anymore just pocket book.
Yep same. Nothing beats the smell and sound of a 2 stroke ? and the reward you get when it's tuned correctly and HAULING ASS down the field ?

In saw land we mod the hell out of the stock cans, you would be surprised how much it effects performance, good or bad. I've tossed a few out because it didnt work out. Just placement of the new outlet can be critical for getting the most out of it. Some of them you take apart and make an expansion chamber of sorts.

Now your sidebleed mod, I'm sure didn't really make much if any difference. If anything you probably gained a wee bit from a bigger stinger.
I didn’t mod it to a side bleed for performance gains. I modded it to a side bleed because I prefer the way side bleeds sound versus end bleeds. I agree the original stinger is roughly 7/16 id. The stinger I installed was 9/16 id. It should lessen back pressure a tad to help the bigbore breathe better. ?
As far as sound, it sounds so much better than the original dominator v2 sound.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks