Modified r/c booted brake discs on 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So i bought the booted brake disc from modified r/c. They fit on the cups fine but the stock brake hardware seems to be interfering with the discs. Bolts aren't long enough and the springs are touching the discs...yes I know its for v1 but im up for making it work.. if i put spring tension on the screws the discs are tight. If i loosen theres not enough engagement in the nut past the nylon lock...do I need to run the springs? I know on cars there's some manufacturers that use springs to push the pads and some that don't.
. Any thoughts

There's not enough room between the disk and the shouldered bolt that the spring rides on...the spring hits the disk and causes friction not allowing the disk to spin freely....happy @1Coopgt :LOL:
20201112_184801.jpg20201112_184749.jpg20201112_184731.jpg

@crucialRC thanks for the picture....i took the springs out and used red locktite for the moment. Did you have to shave the radio tray by the steering servo? I see my boot contacts slightly....in the instructions it says to do so...i know the instructions say to do so i just want input! Feed me:LOL:

I can buy the RCR copper brake pads ....modified r/c left an awful lot of machining marks in the rotors so they catch very easily till the pads wear them flat

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks