Most powerful engine for a 5ive T 2.0 without demolishing the drivetrain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving all the new guys on the forum lately. It's kind of refreshing. Nothing wrong with the 32 Zen but theres definitely nothing wrong with a 50? I have a OBR 34 SS in mine and I think it rips also. I also thought it ripped with the stock 32 Zen with a VRC silenced pipe. Like @Seandonato73 said, with the size of these rigs it doesn't take much to say damn this truck moves. Can't miss nothing you've never had, if you know what I mean?

Was that the piston port or the Reed 47. Asking because the videos I've seen of the Reed 47 Fatboy look like that engine is a fair bit more powerful than a 34 Reed.
obr34reed?....imo..geared right its enuff engine to get a 5ive moving an having fun...like doughnut fun?....with out killing the stock drive train ?
..its 9.4bhp according to obr?plenty imo?

Last edited:
What did you end up getting? I'm currently deciding on what engine to put in my 5ive T 2.0 as well.
If you want to keep it basically stock, you will want a 50 or lower. Even then, you will likely need upgrades sooner or later. I went with a 46cc rcmax as I wanted to stay mostly stock to keep the weight down while still having good power.

As stated above though, run the stock g320 as they still move them pretty good even out of the box. Then decide if you want to upgrade after you have got 4 or 5 ranks through it.View attachment 59571
Looks amazing! How is the 46GT? What is your top speed and is it enough low end torque to do wheelies? I'm currently deiciding what engine to put in my Losi 5T 2.0. I want to be able to do wheelies, but not so much power that I can't control it on a dirt track.

What did you end up getting? I'm currently deciding on what engine to put in my 5ive T 2.0 as well.

Looks amazing! How is the 46GT? What is your top speed and is it enough low end torque to do wheelies? I'm currently deiciding what engine to put in my Losi 5T 2.0. I want to be able to do wheelies, but not so much power that I can't control it on a dirt track.

46gt was awesome, not many gas engines are going to give you the power to wheelie on command without going to a big cc. This was build to be light as possible and handle the power well with limited upgrades and it did just that. It could slap wheelie amazing, and under some conditions would wheelie for ever.

As far as your goals of doing wheelies, and having controllable power on a dirt track that isn't happening, you'll need to pick one and stick with it. Most racers use between a 30.5/32cc engines to have as much controllable/usable power on a dirt track and you are for sure not going to wheelie with that. Give and take with both, but you ultimately have to decide what you want. Here's a video in action of it

Wow, that thing is fast! Thanks for sharing. I ended up getting a 34cc Bartolone from DDM paired with the Bartalone 34cc-35cc pipe. Can't wait to see how it handles at the track.
Also that looks like an amazing place for RC driving!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks