Motor spacer issue with baja .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

Good morning . I’m currently upgrading my king motors baja . I was told to upgrade the motor . But after installing the new motor . I realized the motor is slightly off center from the motor mount holes . Can anyone let me know if there’s a spacer that I can purchase to resolve this issue . Im using a nut as a temporary spacer . I included pics .

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

IMG_3646.jpeg

its a normal sort of thing from engine to engine with the baja fella, different clutch carriers from zenoah and cy or aftermarket sometimes you need a smaller spacer,
just make yerself a spacer , find a spacer thats the right size,
line everything up first, engine mounts, gear plate etc then measure what size spacer you need, (y),

edit; its normally only a matter of 1mm or so difference in the spacer needed,
some people just crank it down and force fit everything, thats when issues start with binding parts etc (y)

Last edited:
its a normal sort of thing from engine to engine with the baja fella, different clutch carriers from zenoah and cy or aftermarket sometimes you need a smaller spacer,
line everything up first, engine mounts, gear plate etc then measure what size spacer you need, (y),

some people just crank it down and force fit everything, thats when issues start with binding parts etc (y)

some people just crank it down and force fit everything, thats when issues start with binding parts etc

I used a nut that works perfect . I did the measurement . It would have to be 15.4 mm to be the exact height . Trying to see if I can cut this old brake mount spacer to size or find a spacer on Amazon .

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

Agree with derby. Buy the turtle clutch housing. It adds bling and is much stronger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks