Motor too rich .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

I recently rebuilt my Losi 5T after an accident . I changed my gas to 89 and I’m using castor two stroke 927 as recommended by OBR . My needle setting are 1 1/4 on the low and 1 3/4 on the high . I adjusted the high to about 11/2 and it’s still running rich . I’m using 25 :1 with the castor 927 . I’m getting a black residue from my pipe and spark plug is a little wet with some residue and it’s smoking a lot . Should I lean it out more ? I don’t want to seize up the engine . Here’s a pic of my spark plug and you can see the residue from the engine .

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2855.jpeg
    IMG_2855.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
I run that oil in my primal mega truck, for one tank so far , even my dad thought it smelled like something was burning, didn't notice more smoke than normal but never ran it on anything else. Recently another member told me that oil leaves alot of residue on a piston top with a pic to prove it. Dispite being wet looking the plug looks kinda lean and white in the middle. I wouldn't lean it just cause of smoke, if it runs good I'd even go richer from what your plug says. Try a different oil if the smoke is bothering you. I was told the maxima 927 does its job well but messy, and motul was his oil of choice now, I'm sure he'll chime in after this comment...

I run that oil in my primal mega truck, for one tank so far , even my dad thought it smelled like something was burning, didn't notice more smoke than normal but never ran it on anything else. Recently another member told me that oil leaves alot of residue on a piston top with a pic to prove it. Dispite being wet looking the plug looks kinda lean and white in the middle. I wouldn't lean it just cause of smoke, if it runs good I'd even go richer from what your plug says. Try a different oil if the smoke is bothering you. I was told the maxima 927 does its job well but messy, and motul was his oil of choice now, I'm sure he'll chime in after this comment...
Thanks

There's nothing wrong with castor 927, I've used it alot in my land rigs and boats. Your tuning is off. Either your adding too much oil and not hanging around 25:1 to 32:1 or your idling your rigs way too long and not getting them hot enough. When I ran castor 927 I've never had excessive oil puking out of the exhaust.

Could be wrong plug, wrong mixture and as Rep said, motor not hot enough, rich won’t hurt but lean will.
check your plug with what others are using and make sure it’s the same.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks