Mtxl dogbone pops out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s an update, i ordered the cv type dogbones. In the meantime I cut 1/4 inch pieces of fuel tubing and placed them in the hubs’ drive cups . I took it out bashing on a grass field and was able to run it for almost a half hour until I hit a 1ft jump and it popped out again.

I was also thinking if he had adjustable shock mount ,they could be putting a too much down force strain with the shocks!

On 1/8 scale rig ,it has a knuckle style wheel hubs ,if they are adjusted too far out from the a-arms ,the axle will pop out
of the diff cup ,I learned the hard way ,an snapped a $40.00 dollar MIP super duty cv joint on my monster truck!....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The dogbone seems to be the correct one according to Horizon, it’s 7 inches in length. The shocks are mounted in the centre holes on each side at the top of the shock tower.

Upon further inspection while lifting the rig's rear and looking down it vertically the right side's lower arm goes lower when compared to the left side. The left dogbone has way less play 0.5cm, so I'm thinking it the shock length or turn buckle length is causing the extra droop/angle.
Btw, it's only been the rear-right side that keeps popping out so far. Btw, it's only been the rear-right side that keeps popping out so far.

Upon further inspection while lifting the rig's rear and looking down it vertically the right side's lower arm goes lower when compared to the left side. The left dogbone has way less play 0.5cm, so I'm thinking it the shock length or turn buckle length is causing the extra droop/angle.
Btw, it's only been the rear-right side that keeps popping out so far. Btw, it's only been the rear-right side that keeps popping out so far.

Might want to check the wear on the wheel hub too!

Yeah like I said a wile back. I'd be tearing the rear end apart. Something is bent, worn, or just flat out broken. I had a slightly bent front A arm and never noticed till I rebuilt my rig. That side kept breaking sway bar links. Never knew till it was apart.

Man a left over bit of metal would have worked too.... I couldn't just stick a dime on my chassis.
Oh wait if it was fake money like Mike used I guess I could ?

Lol...I remember out doing a yard one time ,my weed eaters primer bulb blew out ,so I was able to shove a dime
in where the primer goes ,I never fixed it ,years later I came across that same carb ,an it made me smile an think
back about that day when I put it in ,because it is upsetting when you travel afar to do a job ,an a piece of your
equipment breaks down!....:cool:

I removed the wheels, shocks and the rear-right droops 1cm lower compared to the left one. The rear shocks and turnbuckles are exactly the same length. The droop screws don't even touch the chassis and I even removed the sway as well but i am still unable to see why it's hanging 1cm lower. Both sides are identical but the right side drops lower. The chassis doesn't look bent and both the arm lengths are the same size. Seandonato73, I will remove the arms and lay them flat to see if they are twisted. Please send me some other things I can check to solve this mystery.

Shock tower looks perfect, the rig was brand new and the dogbone popped out twice on its first tank. I'm not sure which end popped out the first time and the second time it popped out and one end got caught in the backside of the rim. I don't see any wear to the hubs, just trying to figure why the right side droops down lower than the left.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks