My 5ive-t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the money to put a big bore into a 5ive t do it other wise you'll regret the small blocks unless you race or are just content, but it doesn't seem you'll be content with a small block tho.

You see that’s where I’m stuck. I’ve built enough Baja 5t&5b it’s time for something new, five-t is a lot heavier so I need to get into the more expensive power lol. Should be fun. Do you think if I got a big bore, should get a 46gt or go bigger? I’ve never driven a big bore but they look sick
This is my buddies Baja 5t with a 46gt and it’s badass it def works good. This is why I want to build something!! I gotta compete with this

Attachments

• A019E558-94E7-4FFA-846B-D1A2A8186A69.jpeg
    A019E558-94E7-4FFA-846B-D1A2A8186A69.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 5E7769E8-9070-42D2-A5C8-E12BD7F950BD.jpeg
    5E7769E8-9070-42D2-A5C8-E12BD7F950BD.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 6
So I happend across something here about Taylor rc big bores and I cannot find it again and I believe @John Parks can answer this. So I've read if you go with a 50cc you can jump to 55 and 65 can go to 71cc, mind you it's not correct and I hope John or @Clubin can clarify.

If it was me I'd go the middle road at like a 50 or 55cc so I can bore up and only have to buy top ends to keep the price down.

If you have the money to put a big bore into a 5ive t do it other wise you'll regret the small blocks unless you race or are just content, but it doesn't seem you'll be content with a small block tho.
It all depends on what you want. Small bore and big bore are two completely different animals! I thought by buying a 50Gt it would still be on the smaller size. Once it arrived I realized how big of a difference it was.

No more sending a rig 15 feet into the air. It’s not made for that! A big bore changes everything , center of gravity, handling etc. if you want to tear up grass and do burnouts, wicked launches etc on flat ground go big block.

If you want to toss a rig through the air on big or off camber jumps, etc stay small block.

In 1/5 scale class there is no middle ground.

No problem boys.

There is 3 different strokes they start at
40 can change pot for a 55
46 can change pot for a 65
50 can change pot for a 71
Sorry wasn’t trying to jack the thread. Just seemed like a lot of good info here! I will start a thread once I know what I’m doing lol. I do appreciate all the help.
Start a thread now. We are here to help.

I wish I wouldn’t have wasted so much money on small bore “magic” looking for more power. It’s just not there.

Last edited:
No problem boys.

There is 3 different strokes they start at
40 can change pot for a 55
46 can change pot for a 65
50 can change pot for a 71

Start a thread now. We are here to help.

I wish I wouldn’t have wasted so much money on small bore “magic” looking for more power. It’s just not there.
That part , me too
It all depends on what you want. Small bore and big bore are two completely different animals! I thought by buying a 50Gt it would still be on the smaller size. Once it arrived I realized how big of a difference it was.

No more sending a rig 15 feet into the air. It’s not made for that! A big bore changes everything , center of gravity, handling etc. if you want to tear up grass and do burnouts, wicked launches etc on flat ground go big block.

If you want to toss a rig through the air on big or off camber jumps, etc stay small block.

In 1/5 scale class there is no middle ground.
I agree , I’ve went all around not trying to buy a big block even had a Rovan 71 built ,,,ported/ Reed but you know the saying Big Boys with big toys , here I come Taylor RC

Attachments

• 5B5722B1-0124-44A5-BC61-06383E4D7DEA.jpeg
    5B5722B1-0124-44A5-BC61-06383E4D7DEA.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks