My engine blew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all its just down to good old poor quality there are a few discrepenciys in the piston it self and the conrod/gudgeon pin spacer con rod bearings are poor to.Mine blew on me after 4 tanks i thought it was jut sand or someting like that but know it wasnt

Heres a few picks of rallyfinne fs engine

he has been doing some more digging around..
Seems the Zen 260 piston should fit the FS. A piston is not that expensive, so that might be the way to make the engine reliable..
Here is a pic of the piston with some approximate dimensions:

has this workked? The engine is apart and seems to be fine besides the piston.

I contacted fs and they only told me that they offer a 10 day warranty and that was it.

I think a will get a decent motor so I don't have the same problem.

What is a decent affordable motor?

roadrashracing

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would this be a good replace ment

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAJA-5B-CY-ENGIN...QQcmdZViewItem

no that KM motor will be a piece of poop too. its NOT A CY, not that the CYs are all that great to begin with.

KM is a bunch of punk ass bitches. like integy thier parts are poopy, their gear is poopy, their company is only abou the deposit in their bank account adn they care NOTHING about you as a customer, and have less integrity than a PIG IN poop. do yourself a favor, go to DDM, www.davesmotors.com) and chose a motor you want. i only recommend you stay CLEAR from the CY 35mm bore motors, ie the CY27RC or the CY29RC motors. these 35mm bores have the biggest failure rate amoung the CY motors. and those pretty CY Billeted topends arnt any better.

imho, but a Zenoah motor, or the CY made GP290 motor and go from there. atleast your starting with a good motor.

the reason your stock motor failed is hard to say, but i would say cheap motor and bad quality control.

I contacted fs and they only told me that they offer a 10 day warranty and that was it.

I think a will get a decent motor so I don't have the same problem.

What is a decent affordable motor?

10 day warranty, that's a joke!! What's your budget for a motor? If you are going to put a motor in your FS, you're going to need something with some torque! Is your truck 2 or 4wd?

I would think a Zenoah 26 would be great for you, or maybe a GP290 like mine or a 30.5cc stroker... All right around the $200-$250 range.. Any of them will smoke that stocker you had!! Put a pipe on it and it will REALLY come alive!!

Yup i agree on that one

So i was thinking last night about these fs door stops they say they are 30cc
but in fact they are 26cc a lot of fs guys know this anyway i have 2 of these new hanging around so i had some time to check the insides out and compare them with a zen 26 well they are almost identical i found out that the fs and zen are the same size piston so that's good news
so i was checking things and came across the con rod and bearings like i said no good here's a vid so all can see whats going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_PY0OiQeY

So if there's hope:rolleyes: for the motor from fs it would be a new con rod and bearings then they should be ok when i get round to it will post up exactly whats needed and see if its worth it

10 day warranty, that's a joke!! What's your budget for a motor? If you are going to put a motor in your FS, you're going to need something with some torque! Is your truck 2 or 4wd?

I would think a Zenoah 26 would be great for you, or maybe a GP290 like mine or a 30.5cc stroker... All right around the $200-$250 range.. Any of them will smoke that stocker you had!! Put a pipe on it and it will REALLY come alive!!

its a 2wd buggy

Yup i agree on that one

So i was thinking last night about these fs door stops they say they are 30cc
but in fact they are 26cc a lot of fs guys know this anyway i have 2 of these new hanging around so i had some time to check the insides out and compare them with a zen 26 well they are almost identical i found out that the fs and zen are the same size piston so that's good news
so i was checking things and came across the con rod and bearings like i said no good here's a vid so all can see whats going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_PY0OiQeY

So if there's hope:rolleyes: for the motor from fs it would be a new con rod and bearings then they should be ok when i get round to it will post up exactly whats needed and see if its worth it

it would be a lot better to get a few parts past the wife then an engine:dots:

so pretty much replace the instides with the zen 26 parts and have a pretty good engine?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks