My engine blew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrashracing

I had this motor for two weeks and ran it less then 5 times, ran the right oil-gas mixture, air filter was on. Have not touched the needles.

I'm not sure to rebuild it or just get a better one.

3434623205_bfe944798b_b.jpg

3435429116_798dc9e27b_b.jpg

What air filter are you using, the surfaces look very pitted in the pictures and I can see you've been running in dusty conditions?

I see what you are saying... I think the green you see is a bit of gasket that ripped and stuck to the head? But I may be wrong???

Is that what you were thinking?

Last edited:
I see what you are saying... I think the green you see is a bit of gasket that ripped and stuck to the head? But I may be wrong???

No I was looking at the green gasket and it looks like there is a beige one underneath (at the bottom right corner). I know there can be engine problems with stacked gaskets as they can cause the piston ring to run off the helper. Although I don't think that would cause the problem here....perhaps a bad casting.

OK I see, but it looks to be the sane color as the dirt on the rest of the motor, so I was assuming it was dirt... But maybe not!

I guess we'll know when he reports back.

Hi all its just down to good old poor quality there are a few discrepenciys in the piston it self and the conrod/gudgeon pin spacer con rod bearings are poor to.Mine blew on me after 4 tanks i thought it was jut sand or someting like that but know it wasnt

Heres a few picks of rallyfinne fs engine

he has been doing some more digging around..
Seems the Zen 260 piston should fit the FS. A piston is not that expensive, so that might be the way to make the engine reliable..
Here is a pic of the piston with some approximate dimensions:

Attachments

• o714xg.jpg
    o714xg.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 52
  • i23bx0.jpg
    i23bx0.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 48
  • 2webfnn.jpg
    2webfnn.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
Oh OK, I think I know what you are talking about? The pin casted into the piston to keep the piston ring from traveling about?

Umm..no :D The casting is in the actual intake port...when the piston travels up and down as the ring moves into the port the 'helper' keeps the ring in check....when people stack gaskets it causes the piston to run off the ring...at least that's how I remember it. :)

the motor is whats ever in the fs things, less than 2 weeks old, stock air filter, some dusty areas not much, I mean the motor does not even have an hour on it. I was running stock air filter which was not even dirty.

What are the numbers on the side of the head? Is it a CY a Zenoah or something else? I have no idea what came in your truck/car..

Zenoah and CY motors have a number stamped on the side like this...
NewCamera233.jpg

Were you running a high rpm? Or was it idling when it blew?
If you could, tell us everything that happened just as the motor blew.. The more we know the easier it is for us to diagnose what happened..

Trip..

I was divining it around different rpms and I was bring it back to where I was just a few feet short at a low rpm and it just stopped, I thought it was out of fuel. The motor never seemed to have much power, I thought it was the temp. I have ran it between 40 -50 F

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks