My engine blew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi so after all the reading i got thinking i have to fs engines here laying about doing nothing so with all the info here on our forum I have replaced the fs crank shaft+rod for the zen crank shaft+rod as i was doing the rebuild i noticed straight away the difference in the con rod there was much much less play. so carrying on with the build using the fs carb man that was a bad mistake the thing would not even idle i had to screw the idle all the way in and still it would not idle properly so i binned that also replaced it with my walbro 813 with no choke man what a difference one pull and this baby was singing so now for the test i will take the engine out that's in my fs now and put this rebuilt one in its place and give it a bash soon

PS When i do the test it will be with the stock pipe

well my new engine arrived today, anything I should know before I try this again, so this motor does not blow? I did but gasket materal on anything that did not have a gasket attacked to it. I'll oil the filter this time that could have did me in last time too.

the cy motor I got does not fit, the holes all line up, but the drive shafts hits on the bottom of the motor, I tried raising the motor mount, but then the trans is tweeked and that can only lead to trouble. So I think I am giving up on this project.

Post some pic's mate, someone will help you out, you might have the engine mount round the wrong way? We could solve this quicker if we had pic's mate...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks