My FG baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahhaa :D

I finally made it! After walking in and out, bending, assembling and de assembling the front in almost 2 hours I think i finally made it.

Here is a picture :)

5aff28c3.jpg

A lot of work to just save the servo saver pivot, but it is worth it if it doesn't break anymore. Now I am going to re assemble the car. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

( too much smileys? no :lol::lol::lol::lol: )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

looking good

Well, look at my car now ! :D

b5c63eae.jpg

50f92b1d.jpg

Doesn't it look happy?
If it is not raining on saturday or sunday, I will maybe (just maybe) take it out for a spin in the sandpit :D

Well, I was out with the beast yesterday. I drove for like 15 minutes and then I thought " why not jump there ? " So I jumped and landed on the "head", and then the upper wishbone broke :(

There were no footage of it because i broke so early :p So that means i have to order new parts again. I hope I will get it ready for the next week.

Well, been a few weeks since another update on my car now ;) There has not been any problems with it (though I have not run it too much ). I have one NEW video of it running :D
Here is the video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ss2i72WylA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ss2i72WylA[/ame]

nice baja mate,good videos, i have a marder and have the same alloy diff case, alloy small engine mount, they are definatly needed, i broke 3 plastic small engine mounts before i changed to alloy.
Its good that youre using your baja as should, its nice and dirty too lol.
ps, good videos.

Its looking good....is it handling ok since you sorted the chassis?
what gearing are you running ?

I have started and almost finished a full plastic baja ..hope the engine mounts will take it for a while...as I plan on giving it some stick soon..

I can also get my alloy baja set up again..

Yup, handling good after the chassis fix :D I still run the stock gearing (18 and 46 teeth I think) And about that plastick baja. If you have plastick mounts the layshaft or the gear on the differential might brake. So maybe you should be prepared on that :p

I will keep an eye on the engine mounts and see how they get on..
maybe get myself some used alloy ones in the long run if I decide to keep the car..

I might sell it and use the money to fund a 4wd baja or beetle.

Well, I was out with the car yesterday. Everything went fine. It was wet and it started to rain, but it stopped again. It seems like the servo saver pivot is just fine :D

I have now waterproofed the servos. It was very easy. Just dip it in plasti dip and fit on the servo horn before it completely dry.

I have a problem though. I can't start the engine. I changed the spark plug, but the plug is abit old though. I don't care too look into it too much right now.

Anyways, it is soon christmas!!! Merry Christmas to everyone. What do you wish for christmas?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks