My FGMT work in progress....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky

Finally got my MT back in one piece ready for testing with the new radio plate and throttle/brake set-up. If this doesn't work out then back to the drawing board...still a few tweaks I need to make, like fixing the throttle servo better etc. Modified the DDM pipe also so I can fit the silencer behind the wheelie bar, nice and protected now. :)

Not an alloy monster as i've kept the plastic wishbones for now as a weak point, as least that's the plan at the moment.

Enjoy! :)

On my little workbench:
mt3.jpg

New tray and brake set-up:
mt4.jpg

mt5.jpg

Front brakes:
mt6.jpg

Rear brakes:
mt7.jpg

Modified DDM pipe + silencer:
mt9.jpg

Throttle servo:
mt10.jpg

mt11.jpg

Very interested in how the servo works out this time.
May want to use some silicone tubing and run the servo wire through so not to nick or rub it raw.
How does it perform with the 4 shock in lue of the 8? Looks like you have to tighten the shock quite a bit for the ride hight. Wonder what would happen if you where to run the other 4 with like 10W in them and just use them for the spring height?

Yeah the reason I dropped to four shocks was because where I moved the exhaust pipe in it takes up the space of the shock. Also have to ignore the springs in the picture, there were the ones I'd got for 8 shocks, so far too weak for a 4 shock set-up and so popping out to pick up some stronger ones. :) This is the first revision so if I find it doesn't work I'll make some changes.

Good thinking on the silicone tube, but getting it over the connectors and fail safe might be an issue, I'll see what sizes the local shop has available.

Gave the MT it's first outing today but didn't last very long as a glitch killed the throttle servo, but it's working again now. Great fun in the snow! Sorry for the quality as it came off a mobile phone.

YouTube

well ducky looking good.
like the pipe job fairly nice job.
what way do you find the four wheel braking together and the two speed?

will u put on the alloy gear plate at some point?

must clean up my own machine of course that is because it spends most of its life being driven and hardly ever cleaned.i really think its pointless constantly cleaning them lot of work just to get it dirty again.

well ducky looking good.
like the pipe job fairly nice job.
what way do you find the four wheel braking together and the two speed?

will u put on the alloy gear plate at some point?

must clean up my own machine of course that is because it spends most of its life being driven and hardly ever cleaned.i really think its pointless constantly cleaning them lot of work just to get it dirty again.

Having only used her on the snow I can only say she rips, the two-speed is excellent and the four wheel hydros stop her easily, a lot more than she did before! :D

Nope, not fitting the alloy gear plate, no need.
:)

P.S I clean her with an airline, only takes a few seconds and that way I can keep a check on everything.

do you know something,i like the alloy gear plate but the stock plastic one is as strong as hell. never gave me any probs.

airline is the way to go alright,fast and effective.

shes clean with you and quick.....

by the way,i see where you relocated the kill switch,nice.
where did you get the top for the battery the alloy looking piece that the two clips hold down?

Last edited:
Ah after some research it appears the micro throttle servo I chose 'Futaba S3154', is known for issues when running at 6v (even though the box says no problems), so I've ordered a 5.1v regulator for it, see how that works out. :)

All part of the testing process!

Cheers Clubin, I modified my pipe where it joins the manifold so it's a smooth join (hammered the lip out into a funnel etc.), previously the manifold pipe just pushed inside the chamber which seemed a bit odd to me. Shame can't see inside yours to check what it's like. But either way the pipe was a screamer, if a little loud (hence the silencer). :)

You can see what I mean by the (mobile phone) pictures below. :)

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

there is no way that battery holder came with the truck :)

home made i would think ducky boy.... nice

That battery holder comes with the 'Race' radio tray option, you can see the original length in the recent exhaust pics I posted up, I just hacksawed the ends down to fit my new battery setup. :)

Very nice job...
Where did you find the 2 speed gear? Is it a special kit for Fg monster truck or you take it from other cars?

Let me know, I want to buy it for on my MT.

Stefano

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks