My FGMT work in progress....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was just messing sure who cares how long we are at the cars.

we are not children here on these forums.
id say your doing some tidy work there on your electrics?
what are you at now?

Just waiting on a couple of Futaba Y-leads to arrive as I only had one spare. :)

just to see what you think.
what do you make of the fg rain dust covers for the radio tray?

god what a nightmare to cut and fit...

have you ever tryed to fit one?
the other lads seem to think to forget it,i think they could be right.

i ordered one from hobbythek and they sent me 2 lol
was good cause i ruined one lol

just to see what you think.
what do you make of the fg rain dust covers for the radio tray?

god what a nightmare to cut and fit...

have you ever tryed to fit one?
the other lads seem to think to forget it,i think they could be right.

i ordered one from hobbythek and they sent me 2 lol
was good cause i ruined one lol

Yeah I heard the same, bad fit and stuff so I never bothered myself.

beautiful job...

i am not too confident about the way my pedestal is going to fit on the front,cant understand this,hobythek give you the option of two pedestals,one old pattern(design with holes on chassis) and the later type bolt design.

now my pedestal needs two holes in order to be mounted,i have just one the other one is taken up by my roll cage where it screws in to the chassis.

what did you do?

and had you to relocate much?
i must read through your build again.

Last edited:
beautiful job...

i am not too confident about the way my pedestal is going to fit on the front,cant understand this,hobythek give you the option of two pedestals,one old pattern(design with holes on chassis) and the later type bolt design.

now my pedestal needs two holes in order to be mounted,i have just one the other one is taken up by my roll cage where it screws in to the chassis.

what did you do?

and had you to relocate much?
i must read through your build again.

My master cylinders aren't fitted using the pedestals, as I'm driving both with one servo, so I made my own set-up and radio plate. But they make the pedestals to fit the old and new chassis so one must apply for you?

well thats the confusing thing,they do have a pedestal for my fg(the one that i ordered) but when i look at my chassis i need to loose my roll cage to fit the pedestal.
you see the pedestal needs two holes on the chassis to be mounted but one of these holes is already taken up where the bottom of my roll cage bolts to the chassis.
going to be tricky.

what you done there must have been tough.

quite time consuming i would say.

worth the hassle though,they look mental.

is the stopping power good?

well thats the confusing thing,they do have a pedestal for my fg(the one that i ordered) but when i look at my chassis i need to loose my roll cage to fit the pedestal.
you see the pedestal needs two holes on the chassis to be mounted but one of these holes is already taken up where the bottom of my roll cage bolts to the chassis.
going to be tricky.

what you done there must have been tough.

quite time consuming i would say.

worth the hassle though,they look mental.

is the stopping power good?

I have one of the pedestals as I originally looked at this as a way of mounting them, it fits in front of the roll cage on mine (two hole mounting - newer style). It was time consuming but I had planned it when I got the brakes so it wasn't unexpected.

Stopping power is more than enough (they are twin piston design) with loads in reserve....! :D

***I had a quick look on Hobbytek's site and it says you need to drill one of the additional holes when using the old mount!!***

Last edited:
ahh thats great ducky thanks for that info,i must do that so.

i am going to put the new set of hydros on the rear and my cables on the front,more than enough for the front i would think.

cheers

ahh thats great ducky thanks for that info,i must do that so.

i am going to put the new set of hydros on the rear and my cables on the front,more than enough for the front i would think.

cheers

I would do it the other way around, put the more efficient hydros on the front!

would you.. mmm

i like to have more braking power on the rear,maybe cause im not used to such strong front brakes i like the strong tail whip with the rears,thats just me....

dc my friend..I would put the hydro's on the front...Rolling resistance is better to stop.. than a lock up on the rear..better stopping power...But what do i know I was a auto mechanic for 43 years...on 1/1 cars & trucks....same applies to these small RC powered cars & trucks...you have to stop the rolling weight...Just my thoughts...AKASlawhammer

Slaw I don't know if that is a good comparision and I don't know what is the best answer. Fact are my car engine is in the front and RC is in the back. logic surgest more brake force can be apply, if you have more traction.

I would argue that weight shift forward during breaking so you need more force for the front. On my quad, i use all my breaking in the back to stop the engine momentume.

It may boil down to personal preference. I happend to be with DC and like the tail whip.

well ducky

well any news on your own machine

did you get your electrics sorted?

they can be complex and time consuming cant they,i must sort mine out now too must relocate the reciver cover and battery maybe.

meant to say i like the way you mounted your servo for throttle,hard to notice that,how did you mount it?

Yeah it was running fine but blew a tyre out on Sunday (see my post) and that smashed the wishbone...spares are on order... :)

New throttle servo is working great. :D It's mounted with servo tape and the brass bracket screws down over it.

gawd dam some blow out

yeah saw the post alrite man
didnt think it was your truck,f#####hell some blow out,never saw anything like that.

i have two of them like new too them plastic a-arms,oh well they maybe handy for my new onroad car when i have it,wont be upgrading that to alloy,well at least straight away lol

ill be broke from them lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks