My FGMT work in progress....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice job...
Where did you find the 2 speed gear? Is it a special kit for Fg monster truck or you take it from other cars?

Let me know, I want to buy it for on my MT.

Stefano

It's the normal FG 2-speed box with 1/6 off-road gearing (stock 46/18 44/20) but I changed 1st gear to 48/16 as the truck has larger wheels so needs the pick up.

You can get it at any local FG retailer, or Ebay if you're prepared to wait as they go a lot cheaper on there (circa half retail price). :)

can you tell me how does the two speed work?
i presume at certain revs the other pinion is activated.

but how?
is there some kinda slip device like an extra clutch added or something..mmm

1st gear is on a one-way bearing, 2nd gear is driven by a centrifugal cam which engages at a set speed/rpm (adjusted via the allen key), this engages and overtakes 1st gear which then free wheels on the shaft until the revs slow down and the cam drops out.

Hope that helps somewhat, I'm never too good at explaining things :)

Thats a nice truck!!! What brand are those shocks???

Thanks :) the shocks are FG#7402 (optional long alloy shocks) and the springs are evo progressive from HobbyTek germany.

:)

P.S nice reed motor in your avatar! ;)

Last edited:
1st gear is on a one-way bearing, 2nd gear is driven by a centrifugal cam which engages at a set speed/rpm (adjusted via the allen key), this engages and overtakes 1st gear which then free wheels on the shaft until the revs slow down and the cam drops out.

Hope that helps somewhat, I'm never too good at explaining things :)
thats well explained to me.

have you the stock zen 26 like my own,sinse i changed pinions now iv got loads more power..

they are plenty quick
taught i would have my o neills kit today and nothing yet.
wonder how long a pakage would take from the states,was posted last monday.

cant track it the website is down....

thats well explained to me.
have you the stock zen 26 like my own,sinse i changed pinions now iv got loads more power..

Yup, stock Zen 26cc at the moment with the tuned pipe. I have a ported 29cc and some other parts, but leaving the Zen in for now while I do testing, as I can't be doing swapping engines over just yet. :)

I think last time I got something from the US is was like 2 weeks...was a long time ago though.

Have now added a brace to the new throttle servo (Hitec 65MG), and also started on the rewiring so the main servos (Rhino+ACE) take their power direct from the battery, leaving the hitec (throttle) to pull from the receiver.

Not a fan of pulling apart the original servo connectors, so to make it neat I'm doing a small harness to re-route the signal and power feeds as seen in the pictures, means I can unplug it all if needed. :)

65mg.jpg

y_split1.jpg

y_split2.jpg

Hey Ducky, that is really close to what I was talking about in the other thread, but I had my servo over the Kill switch.

Trip..
P.S. I like the picture hanger servo mount! Ingenuity is what this hobby is all about.

ithink some people rather do more talking than actually working on there cars..

have you anything done to that car sinse ducky or is it making an orniment for you :clown:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks