My FGMT work in progress....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice r/c truck it seems to be coming along nice for you,so what are the rest of your plans with it?

Nothing major really, have done most of the modifications I wanted to, now just planning on using it and just tweaking it as I go.

Since using it recently I've added front & rear stabilizer bars as it was pitching and rolling a lot, and just other stuff like that to improve how it handles.

I have another engine for it but not installing that as yet until the rest is ok.

:)

man was just looking at your throttle servo up there on the engine,what a very good idea,as this gives you more room upfront for brakes and stuff.

so i presume it is a micro servo,if so what make?
and how did you mount it up there without it being able to shake and move around?

good idea though.
i was looking at that before and was meaning to ask you about it.

so any more work done recently on it or did you get around to running it?

man was just looking at your throttle servo up there on the engine,what a very good idea,as this gives you more room upfront for brakes and stuff.

so i presume it is a micro servo,if so what make?
and how did you mount it up there without it being able to shake and move around?

good idea though.
i was looking at that before and was meaning to ask you about it.

so any more work done recently on it or did you get around to running it?

The downside is that it uses up my 3rd channel so I'm unable to fit a kill switch...the only reason I went for this set-up is to make the space for my brakes.

Yup it's a Hitec HS-65MG micro servo, took a hell of a bashing on Sunday and no problems at all. :D It's stuck with servo tape and a clamp over the top...tis rock solid.

Only things I've done recently is fit the steel pinned drive hex's and the anti-roll bars. Was using it again yesterday, check my other thread for some quick footage. :)

While my truck is apart I decided to redo the throttle linkage as I was unable to adjust the idle and tune the carb easily when I was out... Also took a shot of my master cylinders so people have a better idea of the setup...and the pinned drive squares which I think spread the load a lot better to the drive wheels. :)

newthrottlelinkage.jpg

brakecloseup.jpg

steel_drive_square.jpg

While my truck is apart I decided to redo the throttle linkage as I was unable to adjust the idle and tune the carb easily when I was out... Also took a shot of my master cylinders so people have a better idea of the setup...and the pinned drive squares which I think spread the load a lot better to the drive wheels. :)

newthrottlelinkage.jpg

brakecloseup.jpg

steel_drive_square.jpg
Looks good Ducky, does the engine vibrations effect the servo?

Looks very good, it realy clean's things up real good.

Well I thought the vibrations would have killed the servo, but I was out for 90minutes of constant bashing and the car took so many tumbles and it's still going. So I think if it was going to fail it would have done by now. :)

Just need to chop the piano wire down a little more I think now it's done.

Quick update, after smashing my viscous diff and being faced with a £70 repair bill I scoured Ebay for a replacement and got a 4-way LSD hardly used for £71, they retail for 200Euros on Hobbythek. :D

Also not being a 'riser' fan I chomped a bit more out of my chassis to make it fit!

chassis_hole.jpg

new_diff.jpg

Good job Ducky...How locked are you going tobe running the diff at ?

Are you ready for a weekend bash?

Im running my diff about 70% locked ...ready to go, just going to give her a test tomrrow after locking that screw up with some red stuff...lol...

Quick update, after smashing my viscous diff and being faced with a £70 repair bill I scoured Ebay for a replacement and got a 4-way LSD hardly used for £71, they retail for 200Euros on Hobbythek. :D

Also not being a 'riser' fan I chomped a bit more out of my chassis to make it fit!

chassis_hole.jpg

new_diff.jpg

Good call Ducky, I would have done the same!!

Super, gonna start it off loose and go from there, my theory is that as the wheel slips the diff action should automatically tighten up. Am away/busy this weekend but if things change I will give you a shout. :D

Cheers Trip, not a riser fan either I take it?

I have seen those diff's before...Just a picture..nothing in action...
So what wrong with diff supports rised..5mm? Wouldn't that give you better
alingment for the transfer gear to the diff gear..as well as drive shaft alingment?
I read that some where..about alingment ....Looks good what you have done...
Slawhammer

I have seen those diff's before...Just a picture..nothing in action...
So what wrong with diff supports rised..5mm? Wouldn't that give you better
alingment for the transfer gear to the diff gear..as well as drive shaft alingment?
I read that some where..about alingment ....Looks good what you have done...
Slawhammer

The LSD diff cases look the same from the outside, it's the internal gubbins they change to make the different versions (1,2+4 way).

The diff risers put everything out like the shock mount and brace, I had some diff mounts with the risers built in originally and they were more hassle so went back to the stock height and haven't had any issues with gear alignment or drive shaft alignment so why change a good thing :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks