My first 1/5 build... Jeremy's Vekta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks crucialRC for the YouTube video I found of you installing the Victory RC tuned pipe for the Vekta... I was looking at that bad of parts with a really confused look on my face

Well, just found another shortcoming with this kit...the provided fuel line is too short... almost 2 inches too short. I am just going to order fuel line off DDM. Is it worth getting a better clunk fuel filter with it?

20230412_202508.jpg

It's only short depending on routing. I run fuel line from stihl i buy in blulk. That ddm stuff is so stiff with the thick walls. But it lasts defently well. Sucks to get on and off imo. better clunk would be a winged clunk, it will suck every last drop out of the tank, however there is nothing wrong with the standard clunk. It does it job just fine.

Wow! Is it just me, or is it hard to put on decals? I sprayed the decals and the lexan with a windex/water mix and still had a hard time lining up the decals...and then getting all the bubbles out. It will look just fine as long as you don't look too close. Lol

20230423_173208.jpg

I've done a couple runs so far. How dark should I let the plug get before I start tuning the high jet? I am assuming the porcelain inside the plug is what I want to get to brown color right?
20230510_153408.jpg

Yes. Needs to be much darker. Going off that you are running lean or have an air leak.

These are mine.

Plug to the left air leak and it was lean and mean. Plug to the right is what your after.20230510_194946.jpg

I've only ran about a 1/4 tank of gas so far. This weekend I'll get to take it to a big open space to really run it. I'll see what the plug looks like after a tank.

Eh safe is safe and questionable is still going to be questionable.

This is my plug after a new piston,ring and a new 1107 carb with about 1/4 tank ran through it and wide open most of the time with no break in. Your engine is lean and your plug isn't lying. Putting around would have been darker and I would assume you weren't hammering on it.

20230510_200758.jpg

If you can post a video for us with varying throttle and wide open. Just so we can see how your engine is.
Here is a much better video with low and almost full throttle. It seems like there is a point where the power really kicks in and I just about loose control. Reminds me of the older dirtbikes with power bands.

Here is a pick of the spark plug after that run.
20230510_184104.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks