My first 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took it out again yesterday and I blew 3 tires. I think I need zip ties. Or better yet the new rc max wheels. It was still fun but I would like to hit full speed. The two front tire foams came out and one of the rear tires came off completely and the foam exploded. That engine has so much power.

Get the rcmax wheels
I think that's what I'm going to do I already put them on my cart.
I took it out again yesterday and I blew 3 tires. I think I need zip ties. Or better yet the new rc max wheels. It was still fun but I would like to hit full speed. The two front tire foams came out and one of the rear tires came off completely and the foam exploded. That engine has so much power.

Attachments

• 20201215_155301.jpg
    20201215_155301.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201215_155250.jpg
    20201215_155250.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201215_155240.jpg
    20201215_155240.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The first day I had it out the bolt holding the pinion came loose and the pinion went flying. I got very lucky and found the pinion in the grass. But I found a pretty secure way to keep it from loosening
So far.

Attachments

• 20201216_191716.jpg
    20201216_191716.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 12
I thought about using that but I like more of a mechanical locking then the loctite.
I think I can get more consistency with locking nuts.
That's a load of crap there mate. A properly fasted bolts torque is the same with or without loctite. I'll buy the you like the way it looks, but don't say loctite wont do the job just fine.

That's a load of crap there mate. A properly fasted bolts torque is the same with or without loctite. I'll buy the you like the way it looks, but don't say loctite wont do the job just fine.
I wasn't worried about looks I only cared about function and what I did functions. The vibration and thermal expansion doesn't loosen the bolt. Maybe I over think things but I find lock nuts to be more consistent.

If all goes well I'll order the rc max wheels this month. I don't know about you guys but I never thought I would be spending this kind of money in this. But I've always loved the rc cars it's kinda addicting.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks