Well, lets just say that yesterday was a learning experience.
When the car was going, it was going well.
But a simple Pico malfunction caused a whole world of hurt.
Pico shorted out and was cutting the motor all the time, in the process it was also draining my battery.
I decided to cut the pico out and run it, not knowing that the battery was severely depleted now as well.
Was cutting some really good laps when the battery decides it has had enough.
Car proceeds to go full throttle across multiple lanes of traffic and track, luckily ending up on its lid off one of the berms.
Revving full throttle on its roof, the motor cannot get any fuel and decides to stop.
This causes a lean seize and the score marks in the pic.
Will need a new headkit at the minimum..
Also Elcon air filter is huge and was rubbing on the exhaust, causing what you see in the pic.
On a good note, the tourex clutch performed mighty well and held up great.
New back hydro's also felt good and were easy to tune for the desired break effect.
Also happy with my choice of tyre style/compound now.
So things to do now are:
Remove all servos and wiring.
Rewire everything, including new pico, with heat shrink over all wiring and cable shielding used.
Fit new G4z stage 2 headkit.
Sort out issue with left hand turning, as it wants to push through the corner too much.
Other than that, I am quite happy with its performance so far.
thats crazy this happened to your hormann, i did the same thing yesterday 25 to 30mph into a concrete block lol, was devastated..
all i keep telling myself is this happens sometimes and i will build it will better stuff so will upgrade some bits.
the front shock shaft snapped, one bukhead had a screw snapped clean inside it,the alloy mount that hold the front shock tower was bent to hell,the chassis was bent like a banana that much,the shell was way too big for the bent chassis after and my pipe got a little dint underr the manifold from the tank. both side pods were bent but i got them straight again once i took them off the car. the carbon fibre strengthing rods are the dogs bullax,they didnt budge abit,the chassis bent just after them.
its funny that two days prior i was thinking to myself that i wasted money on a new chassis , steering servo and alloy parts i didnt need lol,turns out a good buy
it could have been worse. the good thing is the whole rear end comes off with 5 bolts and the front too.
this is a quick video of the damage. after hour of getting back i had stripped it and replaced most parts except the elcon shock shaft,i don't have one yet and put a new steering servo in.
luky i brought some new parts as spares ..
lookinto the r n tuning filters,they are smaller but very good...
this is how it looked after an hour or so of sorting it out.mate the good thing is they are fixable...
happy days until next time
Last edited by a moderator: