My new toy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, lets just say that yesterday was a learning experience.
When the car was going, it was going well.

But a simple Pico malfunction caused a whole world of hurt.
Pico shorted out and was cutting the motor all the time, in the process it was also draining my battery.
I decided to cut the pico out and run it, not knowing that the battery was severely depleted now as well.

Was cutting some really good laps when the battery decides it has had enough.
Car proceeds to go full throttle across multiple lanes of traffic and track, luckily ending up on its lid off one of the berms.
Revving full throttle on its roof, the motor cannot get any fuel and decides to stop.
This causes a lean seize and the score marks in the pic.

Will need a new headkit at the minimum..
Also Elcon air filter is huge and was rubbing on the exhaust, causing what you see in the pic.

On a good note, the tourex clutch performed mighty well and held up great.
New back hydro's also felt good and were easy to tune for the desired break effect.
Also happy with my choice of tyre style/compound now.

So things to do now are:

Remove all servos and wiring.
Rewire everything, including new pico, with heat shrink over all wiring and cable shielding used.
Fit new G4z stage 2 headkit.
Sort out issue with left hand turning, as it wants to push through the corner too much.

Other than that, I am quite happy with its performance so far.

thats crazy this happened to your hormann, i did the same thing yesterday 25 to 30mph into a concrete block lol, was devastated..
all i keep telling myself is this happens sometimes and i will build it will better stuff so will upgrade some bits.

the front shock shaft snapped, one bukhead had a screw snapped clean inside it,the alloy mount that hold the front shock tower was bent to hell,the chassis was bent like a banana that much,the shell was way too big for the bent chassis after and my pipe got a little dint underr the manifold from the tank. both side pods were bent but i got them straight again once i took them off the car. the carbon fibre strengthing rods are the dogs bullax,they didnt budge abit,the chassis bent just after them.
its funny that two days prior i was thinking to myself that i wasted money on a new chassis , steering servo and alloy parts i didnt need lol,turns out a good buy
it could have been worse. the good thing is the whole rear end comes off with 5 bolts and the front too.
this is a quick video of the damage. after hour of getting back i had stripped it and replaced most parts except the elcon shock shaft,i don't have one yet and put a new steering servo in.
luky i brought some new parts as spares ..

lookinto the r n tuning filters,they are smaller but very good...

this is how it looked after an hour or so of sorting it out.mate the good thing is they are fixable...

happy days until next time

Last edited by a moderator:
mate you don't do things by half do you see what happens when you make things faster it hits things that much harder,thats a bad one mate i feel sorry for ya must be gutted i am and its not even mine although it could be a lot worse it could have been my bug lol

that hurts bro, sorry to see anyone have to see a sweat ride like that burnt up in front of your eyes. good luck on the rebuild.

Last edited:
i rebuilt it within an hour of getting home, luckily i but spare parts when ever i see them at a good price so had a new chassis and other bits, just need the shock shaft and im done..

sorry duplicate post, evo power pm me or ill email you mate,
sorry op, im up your thread ill try and get these last few posts deleted.

Last edited:
luckily i brought one a few months ago off a nice guy who sells hormann parts at good prices, i buy all my new parts off the same guy but i guess you know that mate lol..will sort them shock shafts with you taday ,will email you because i need some shock oil and a few more bits i think, i measured the broken one first and estimated the size so took the working front one off and it is 75mm,the older ones but will take my rears off and measure them as they are longer,if so ill take them as spares for the rear shocks.
taz

cheers oaz

This is a great shot from the First ever Australian 1/5 scale off road Nationals.
They were held in Belmont, Queensland between the 22nd and 26th November 2012.

I was the only Hormann racing in the EFRA class and was up against a lot of respectable racers.

The Hormann HT3 has finally been sorted out and was running well in the Heats.
I finished a respectable P8 with the first 4 going straight through to the Finals.

In the Semi finals I made it up to 2nd position and was slowely catching 1st.
While trying to get around a back marker for 2 laps, he took me out and I was back to 6th position.
I again worked my way back to 3rd and qualified P7 for the final.

In the final I had problems with front brake and steering servos. I had worked my way up to 4th, but this problem meant I had to slow down alot.
I held my ground and finished 7th in the final.

I would have to say that I enjoyed the whole event and love the way my car runs and handles.
I am still learning it, but can see a huge potential for the future.
A big thanks to King RC for the tyres and parts for the weekend and a big thanks to G4z for an amazing engine.

704380_4995353928202_301869158_o.jpg

399273_175274949280414_1195140132_n.jpg

215920_10151109748566717_1717481237_n.jpg

395049_10151109748081717_351104343_n.jpg

600050_10151109748281717_1676033993_n.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks