My project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster1-4

Hi guys,

Baja 5B owner that always wanted a 4x4 so I bought a roller XB. Always loved the MCD RRV4 look so I though I would use it as my inspiration. As a basher, weight is less of an issue than strength to me.

image_zpsa7cb1bab.jpg

Then it began.

image_zps89dc7c64.jpg

image_zps89689807.jpg

image_zpsbe6d4c55.jpg

image_zpsbac53ad5.jpg

image_zpsd5ee0bab.jpg

image_zpsbddae7f6.jpg

image_zps0ca4a5a4.jpg

Swapped the shocks for baja 5B's front and rear.

image_zpsa72a2912.jpg

image_zpse6858078.jpg

image_zps5a650950.jpg

Next steps wheel adapters and some 7075c parts. Also need to figure out what exhaust pipe I'll use.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but that looks way too heavy. Going to be strong as hell thought. You have more patience than I do to start a project like that. Good luck.

What an incredible project you have taken on, and it appears you doing an amazing job at it too.

One thing to remember in RC is if you keep the weight down, the car does not need to be completely overbuilt for strength.
The biggest problem you have here so far is the drive line in designed for a lighter car, along with the shocks.
The drive line is abused when jumping on and off throttle, and the extra weight adds extra strain on those parts.
Same goes for the shocks in a roll over or crash of any kind.

I took a RampageTT to the next level years ago, and still have it.
I would venture to say it is one of the very best RampageTT cars in the country, but still limited by a few of the original designs.
It was so first that it's not actually a Redcat Rampage - mine is a Himoto Warrior. ;)

Cool project, and can't wait to see ithe process of it !!!

Yeah it will be a bit heavy, but hopefully not too much that it ruins the fun. You are absolutely right about the driveline being a weak point. My plan is to upgrade with 7075rc gear plate, diff housing, arms and bearing holder. We'll see how it goes.

Ordered the gear plate and shaft holder from 7075rc and the Ramtech adapters
Also finally made a servo tray with servo mount.

image_zps5662650b.jpg

New front tower.

image_zpseb4b544d.jpg

I can't for the life of me decide on what color I want to paint the body. I was thinking

1- silver and black. Black top including window and sides, black skirts and silver for the rest.
2- Red deadlocks and shocks springs and black/red body theme with option 1 layout
3- Any other suggestions (with pics if possible)?

This is what it looks like at the moment.

image_zpsbd9eba30.jpg

image_zps4824f133.jpg

image_zps804dfa08.jpg

image_zps2a90078f.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks