My project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! A center diff would be cool but for just bashing the advantage of having one would be wasted.

Not sure I'd agree with that. The reason I'm looking to do a center diff for my MT is mainly for bashing. Although I'm completely aware of the advantages for racing application. Bashing is some respect benefits more having a center diff.. Unless your landing your truck on all fours every time , lots of stress is transferred through the drive line when two front tires are stopped suddenly and the rear are spinning free or more likely under power. This stress on the driveline was the reason I couldn't keep diff cups and gears on my LST2. No center diff. And being a big tired truck makes it have even more stress due to the added weight of the MT tire. More momentum.
This is why I'd like a center diff in my 1/5 MT. Even if run a super heavy oil it will at least afford some slip in and extreme landing and possibly save driveline components from a failure but definetly take a daily stress off the overall driveline.

IDK just my two cents.

Great build BTW.

Not sure I'd agree with that. The reason I'm looking to do a center diff for my MT is mainly for bashing. Although I'm completely aware of the advantages for racing application. Bashing is some respect benefits more having a center diff.. Unless your landing your truck on all fours every time , lots of stress is transferred through the drive line when two front tires are stopped suddenly and the rear are spinning free or more likely under power. This stress on the driveline was the reason I couldn't keep diff cups and gears on my LST2. No center diff. And being a big tired truck makes it have even more stress due to the added weight of the MT tire. More momentum.
This is why I'd like a center diff in my 1/5 MT. Even if run a super heavy oil it will at least afford some slip in and extreme landing and possibly save driveline components from a failure but definetly take a daily stress off the overall driveline.

IDK just my two cents.

Great build BTW.

Thanks! Makes sense!

WOWOWOW. Ok...enough gushing! I have a 5ive T and love it and have been maybe looking into a Redcat monster truck for bashing, and came upon this build. You have serious talent with the limited tools at your disposal. I love the buggy look and that thing handles REALLY well....would love to see it on a track to see how she jumps and lands. If you did have milling equipment, I guarantee you would have orders stacking up to build this for others!!! There's something very sexy about a 1/5 scale 4x4 buggy like this. I've seen a couple 5ive T's taken that route and loved them too. Keep up the good work sir!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks