My project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thats a really nice project.
Hats off sir!

You may want to upgrade your front and rear diff housings. With those tires and that chassis, youre gonna destroy them.

Or a better idea, since you have a machine, fabricate one that uses MCD RRv5 diff cups and CVDs.

Thanks! I'm getting the 7075c diffs down the road. RR5 cups would be nice but for now I will do the copper pipe mod and see how it goes.

I think I got away with painting the body outside (30 degrees). Always thought it needed to be in the 60's to do so. Not a piece of art but it will do.

image_zps6f5706a1.jpg

image_zpsd6b507aa.jpg

image_zps13fcda3b.jpg

What you think?

Last edited:
Also was able to make a new throttle servo tray that allowed me to move the servo away from the air filter, clearing a Baja 5B air filter with no problem.

I wanted to do a test drive at this point to see how the car runs and handles and if there is anything that needs correction. So I took my time to get the car to test drive ready condition for tomorrow only to find out at the very end that I have 2 cracks on the carburetor manifold (might have over tighten the screws a little too much, oops!). Anyway placed an order with DDM for a new one. Hopefully if it ships today I can receive it tomorrow. If not, test drive is reported to Monday or Tuesday. That will give me time to do the diff cup sleeves at least. Well we'll see! Meanwhile this is how it stands almost ready.

Last edited:
I received the carburetor manifold yesterday and was able to start the engine today. The 990 carb started on the second pull after priming with my finger.

Now good news and bad news. Bad news is the radio (GT3B) I decided to use has a glitch. While idling to warm up the engine, it suddenly went to WOT. I turned it off using the kill switch. Turned off both the transmitter and the receiver and turned them back on again. Carburetor still at WOT. Funny thing is that I had this radio laying around for 2 years brand new never used. I never even gave it a thought until recently. I decided to finally give it a go after reading great reviews and liking some of the features. Well that's it for it. I don't like glitches and would rather get a different radio lol. My everyday radio is a spectrum DX2 and it works just fine. But it's only a 2 channel radio and I would like to get one with at least 3 channels (makes it more convenient for the kill switch).

I'm tempted by the FS it4 and would love to have some feedback.

I'm also open to suggestions.

Thanks guys!

I received the carburetor manifold yesterday and was able to start the engine today. The 990 carb started on the second pull after priming with my finger.

Now good news and bad news. Bad news is the radio (GT3B) I decided to use has a glitch. While idling to warm up the engine, it suddenly went to WOT. I turned it off using the kill switch. Turned off both the transmitter and the receiver and turned them back on again. Carburetor still at WOT. Funny thing is that I had this radio laying around for 2 years brand new never used. I never even gave it a thought until recently. I decided to finally give it a go after reading great reviews and liking some of the features. Well that's it for it. I don't like glitches and would rather get a different radio lol. My everyday radio is a spectrum DX2 and it works just fine. But it's only a 2 channel radio and I would like to get one with at least 3 channels (makes it more convenient for the kill switch).

I'm tempted by the FS it4 and would love to have some feedback.

I'm also open to suggestions.

Thanks guys!
Depends on your budget. I have a bad experience with Sanwa Mx11 and Flysky transmitters. Mostly range and consistency issues. Both have failed to deliver range over 50m.

My only good experience was with Futaba. Cant go wrong with them.
If you have the cash, go for the best, coolest and fastest transmitter (4PX).

If you plan on smthg less expensive and 3ch, go with their 3pmx or even better 4pls. Prices are 170$ and 250$ respectfully.

My experience was with the 3pmx, not expensive, reliable with no headaches and you feel you have total control over your truck.
Again, this is my personal experience.

The flysky is awesome I have the killer bee the fid racing electric starter and a 3 rd ch brake servo it's touchscreen and an awesome remote and receiver comes with the telemetry and an FS-Servo1 great buy.

Thanks guys! It turned out to be my throttle servo who was acting up on his own. Ordered a 5645mg for throttle and a 5765mh for steering. I was lucky to get both of them on the DOTD at DDM.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks