Need to revisit past 1/8 nitro !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

Cripes, i've been just ITCHING to get back into nitro. A few years ago I was researching nitro and it seemed that the industry was on "pause" with anything nitro. Now it seems to be coming back and stuff seems much more available. Reading threads here is really making my itch MORE itchy !

I was hardcore in to 1/8 nitro back around 2000 - 2008 when I sold off everything to fund motorcycle restoration projects. Now i'm having a hard look at the Horizon 1/8 Losi 8ight T trugg :

Losi 8IGHT-T Nitro 1/8 4WD RTR Truggy w/DX2E Radio [LOS04011] | Cars & Trucks - AMain Hobbies

I've been out of the nitro loop for a long time so any current nitro suggestive comments would be welcome

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting fuel? The cost of that alone keeps me from it. I just going through all my rc stuff and I'm certain I have enough parts to build another savage from the parts bin, just haven't found fuel cheap enough with shipping to make me want to delve back into it.

I’ve got one, get it, you won’t regret it.
Son I've been into rc longer then you've been alive, nitro powered rc was the first RC's I got into. I don't have any regrets for not running them. You need to realize I paid less the $20.00 for a gallon of fuel, and could drive 3 miles away to get it. Not really into the $60.00 a gallon for fuel, thing. Hence why I asked where everyone is getting fuel, cuz they can sit and collect dust or be sold off before I pay that for a gallon of nitro.

Son I've been into rc longer then you've been alive, nitro powered rc was the first RC's I got into. I don't have any regrets for not running them. You need to realize I paid less the $20.00 for a gallon of fuel, and could drive 3 miles away to get it. Not really into the $60.00 a gallon for fuel, thing. Hence why I asked where everyone is getting fuel, cuz they can sit and collect dust or be sold off before I pay that for a gallon of nitro.
I would LOVE to get back into Nitro...but just like Sean said. The cost is insane now a days..and paying "hazmat" charges for shipping is insane. I could buy almost a whole other car for a case of 4 gallons shipped w Hazmat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks