Never Disappointed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't feeling like W.F.O. Racing was going to be a good venture , well it had to happen some time , ,,,,,, I was wrong , I got my order and looking at the envelope my gears came in , I noticed , what the hell ? These guys are 8 blocks from my house ! The motor mount I got from bow house RC , only works with one gear set up , didn't know that , what I got wouldn't work , so I thought I'd go check out this place personally , drove up and Bryan the gear guru was sitting on his porch , so I walked up to the fence , asked if he was the RC gear guy , he said yes I am , and invited me in ,, WOW ! HE gave me the mount I needed on credit ! And if anybody wants a x max from hell call him , he takes sliders and makes unbelievable x Max's out of them , insane stuff to say the least !! He's had some health issues and has found a great way to support his family , with makeing some very good quality parts, being 8 blocks away , I can't see me not getting one of his projects sometime soon , WOW ! very cool stuff , even custom painted bodies on these things ! Give them a look !
That’s great that he lives by you. Do you suppose you could walk down to his house, and ask him when they plan on providing any customer service, whatsoever? I ordered all the same parts that you did for an Xmaxx, for the same motor and ESC you're using.

First, the antenna wire can not be fed through the hole in the reciever box, because the end of the antenna wire is solid, and won’t make the bend.

Second, nowhere does WFO say Mod 1.5 gears are required with their motor mount, but Mod 1 gears won’t mesh because their mount doesn’t allow the motor to sit low enough. Since it does seem to require Mod 1.5 gears, I’ve been waiting about a month now, just to get them to return my emails with some recommendations so I can spend more money with them. Considering the extreme smell of weed coming from the package I received from them, maybe they should focus on customer service and less smoking.

So, can I ask you if you had any issues with the reciever box? What ratio are you using with the mod 1.5s? And overheating issues? Do the Mod 1.5 gears mount right on the 5687? What about the spur gear? Does it just mount directly on?

Thanks so much.

Seriously, go talk to those guys. Lots of complaints across the boards about not being able to get ahold of them.

Been a while since I did my build , but yes , you need 1.5 gears with there motor mount and the shaft needs to be changed to fit the 1.5 gearing , I had no troubles with the antenna , I just did that yesterday , my hobbywing ESC went out had to replace it , I'll pass on one tip , tape or ziptie your battery connection s ,if one comes off it can blow your ESC , I got that from hobbywing tech on the fone , last time I visited the wfo guy I didn't smell any weed , but this is Washington and the crap is everywhere

Been a while since I did my build , but yes , you need 1.5 gears with there motor mount and the shaft needs to be changed to fit the 1.5 gearing , I had no troubles with the antenna , I just did that yesterday , my hobbywing ESC went out had to replace it , I'll pass on one tip , tape or ziptie your battery connection s ,if one comes off it can blow your ESC , I got that from hobbywing tech on the fone , last time I visited the wfo guy I didn't smell any weed , but this is Washington and the crap is everywhere
Does your antenna and reciever box look like this?

Attachments

• 48BC29E5-E8F1-4DAE-A846-8EE10E88EBFA.jpeg
    48BC29E5-E8F1-4DAE-A846-8EE10E88EBFA.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 892FFDB2-B30B-4BB2-8D08-D580A6705082.jpeg
    892FFDB2-B30B-4BB2-8D08-D580A6705082.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
Ha. Maybe traxxas changed the antenna wire because there’s no way to do that. I guess I’ll drill a hole in the box and silicone it.

Just a update on the x max and the mx43 tires , yes they are heavy and yes they break bulkheads , "*ENTER *" VITAVON !! GOT THEM ON THE Way , just the tops , the bottoms , I would have to get a separate bank account , to exude it from devorce proceedings , but the tops should take the bulk of the impact anyway , we shall see , but the x max never disappoints !! But I just finished my M2C 5SCALE OUTCAST BUILD FROM HELL , HOBBYWING SET UP , AND M2C stuff everywhere , starting with the chassis , I'll be seeing if it's better than the x max , so far setup runs looks like x max is dethroned

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks