New engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah renbar me n vedron would b happy to do that the more of us the better lol.... The car a beast now should of got a ts ages ago I'm well plsed wiv it. I'm gonna give the other gears ago too just to c how it goes also had to cut lots off my shell too.. Looks gd now so will leave it as it is :lol:

yeah that would be good

not a great fan of tha Baja shell but its growing on me yours looks ace, should have left it as a beetle though but then if you had of I wouldn't have one of the best beetles on here or the quickest lol

would be good to compare it against the oddie lump in mine I run 22/42 in mine and that's a great all round gear for me I like bottom end and mental pull away plus its got plenty of top end as well

lol mine always been a baja vedran had the bug shell then converted to baja it my old shell ha ha pm me ur address n ill sort sum think out in the summer defo... I need to get a couple of things for the car b4 summer like hydro brakes n upgrade rear brake cos it weren't stopping wiv the set up I've got lol

yeah will do mate im near frinton on sea

if your thinking of hydro's you cant beat the tps layshaft hydro set up which ive run for over 4 years now with no real dramas I run fg cables on the front but there modded to use the larger disc's but ive doubled them so its got 2 disc's each side and just managed to get alloy Bowden cable holders and alloy levers

I am pal.check the first 4 or 5 fg obr vids with the dirt running vid. the 27.2 fmlr is a great engine if in a relatively light buggy.
I could imagine your set up with 22/42 and some mcd step studs a blast for sure.

id love to see a video of those two with 22/42 having a drag race on a good size field., I know rens bug goes very well with that oddie / vrc combo and although i haven't seen yours up topend i know the ts is a performer when in shape!
I think it could go anyway but if I had to gamble on one I would probably go for.....sure.lol.be sure to get some footage guys.

on another note, when your video finishes (above post) other videos come up on the screen, one in the middle on grass is a full ts ported by yamadude.

Last edited:
Hyper I've seen all ur vids man n there r sum fast1 too... I c that yam on utube that's wot made me won't 1 so powerful the ts Engines... I just need to sort a few bits on the car then I'll get vedran to film me at speed and c wot the ts & rn pipe can do. Should b a gd combo it has lots on bottom end u just touch the throttle & up the front goes... Hey it's all fun ha ha

over time we get to hear and see alot of different motors, I still have yet to see anything sub 30. 5 pull as strong as a ts with great porting. ive never owned a ts(or a reedcase before the rcmax) but everbody interested in making a largescale fast will be in the know.

the guy who hit 96mph years ago in a fg baja used a ts ported by bartelone. thats with single gear set up. I tried super tall gearing on the obr fm but had to drastically change the engagment of the clutch to get it in the powerband to be able to come on the pipe .

on another note you will probably have to spend time setting your fg up to handle that power.also helps if you have a few gearsets.if you need loads of traction and still want to use existing wheels/tyres look into kold cutters, go well in hostile mx/mx clones etc.when you meet up with ren have a good look at his set up, seems tho he is in a good place , puts the power down well and looks grounded.

abyway looking forward to the vid mate.

Last edited:
I think the key is setting it up so it don't lift the front wheels when mine was popping wheelies it was fun but a bloody knightmare and wasn't that quick as once its lifted you have to lift off and try to get back on the power without it lifting back up, now the hostile clones are a bit worn its much better it don't lift now ive removed the anti roll bars and dropped the car down as much as I could

the ts in this car looks very quick off the mark maybe a bit to much low down power to be honest that's going to make the car a real handful, it don't matter how much power you got if it cant be put down cleanly and smooth its no good it will just wheelie and spin up or spin out, but you can sort it with setup

removing the red race ignition kit off mine was a great move and calmed the bug down its still able to run the ecu if I choose to which if you come down bashing I will,, do I need to no your ts will be facing the wrong way as mine is finishing the drag race lol

Hyper did u mean this

86E016AD.jpg

fiddlestick them I'm gonna put thes on lol

62B0B393.jpg

Also renbar bring it on son ha ha ha:D
I can't wait to get it all set up the weather poop at the moment so will ave to wait... Hyper u should come out wiv us too the more cars bashing the better

yes mate, they are them you can use as little or many as you want depending on how much grip you want.my mate tried them in his hostile copies and i tried them on my baja in stepstuds but would pull wheelies at 50mph!! so took them out.
the best upgrade I did on the fg was buy a fg wheeliebar and put longer bars in so the wheel wouls sit about an inch off the ground, was grest for offroad dragin.would lift the front wheels slightly but wheelybar would stop it going into a full wheely.

you guys live miles away down south lol, is dwarthy busy? It would be great to see his stevo'd bug , all using the same fg chassis with different engines, cant say ive ever seen a drag like that before!!!

Last edited:
hyper the reason you've never seen a drag race like this would be if there all fg's and by the time the race is finished you would be able to make a marder with all the bits that fell off our cars

I got a packet of the shorter ones from freeprawn, you get loads, still got half a pack left.maybe you guys go halfs on a full pack?
just beware, they will rip you to shreds if you re fg goes out of control lol. even tho I got the shorter version, they still go through the nobble of the tyre and touched insert.

mate if 4 fgs started a drag race you could build 4 at the end with the parts that fell off !! he-he..
mine would always foook up but once got a reliable engine and alloyed it up its alot better but even with full alloy drivetrain the engine can still loosen, thats the good thing with bajas, engine bolted in every side and underneath.

ren, in all honesty I think we haven't seen a race like this (especially the uk) is because most people just run a pipe in a fg and maybe a bb kit, as you know a fg is still fast as hell with just a good pipe. ive seen a few drags in the us where 3 guys using the same tuned engines.id be more interested to see how ts, oddie, stevo and maybe obr would compate to each other, obviously set up is part of that buy its all good! don't think thats been done and alot of people would lve to see that, I guarante.

Last edited:
I've just in stored a ddm lightened flywheel to the beast also waiting for a piston ring too woohoo. Need to get it ready to beat renbar lol

Hi all just an update. The beast is all done now ready for me and vadran to take out tomorrow so will ave sum vids for all of ya....:lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks