New FS racing 1/5 scale Will not start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello peeps

Sorry for no replys been busy...
Yes of coruse there is buses.. but just for a mile ish.. no point lol
New spark plug will come by tuesday, NGK plug i was told about
i will get new fuel before then

thanks for the info peeps

Whilst your waiting leave the spark plug out, it will definitely be flooded from all the failed attempts to start.
When you do get the new plug start the engine without the choke?

When you try to restart it never pull more than twice with the choke on regardless of whether it pops or not.
Then turn the choke off and try it.

Well my new spark plug came today.... i sounded like it wanted to start but nothing
don't have new fuel yet
Started trottle / giving it more fuel / air mixer
Putting some pure fuel into the cyclinder

The spark plug clearly sparks the fuel from the cyclinder.. but wont when its compressed
umm.... im at a loss

Well my new spark plug came today.... i sounded like it wanted to start but nothing
don't have new fuel yet
Started trottle / giving it more fuel / air mixer
Putting some pure fuel into the cyclinder

The spark plug clearly sparks the fuel from the cyclinder.. but wont when its compressed
umm.... im at a loss
Make sure you don’t crank the bolts too tight from the carb to the insulator manifold. It’ll distort the plastic ones and cause an air leak. It may be distorted already as well. Take it off and swirl it around face down on some very fine sandpaper on a flat surface. Carb side and motor side. You’ll see if it’s flat right away.

Well nothing.... it sounded like it was turning over on choke, toook it off after 4/5 pulls i stopped

try again, pressing the carb bulb, choke on, sounded the same, choke off didnt start

Im starting to think... im not strong enough to pull the engine over fast enough now.. lol

Fresh fuel an hour ish old, mixed for 25.1

If you are wonderin, im using this website for the mix, i was unsure at the time http://www.wickeddistribution.com/Help/2-Stroke-Engine-Fuel-Mix-Ratio-Table-6.html

Well nothing.... it sounded like it was turning over on choke, toook it off after 4/5 pulls i stopped

try again, pressing the carb bulb, choke on, sounded the same, choke off didnt start

Im starting to think... im not strong enough to pull the engine over fast enough now.. lol

Fresh fuel an hour ish old, mixed for 25.1
Try turning up the idle speed screw

I can send in a picture of 2 of the model i have, i don't own any recording gear, + its dark here now

Here is the picture of Carb and so on
I was sooo excited when i finaly got this thro the post, been wanting a 1/5 for over 5-6 years but never got the money spare to buy one

I get this to have it not even start....

Im going to wait for payday again... then going to take it to a model shop and pay some money for them to get it start and tuned

Attachments

• 20190505_225403[1].jpg
    20190505_225403[1].jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190505_225419[1].jpg
    20190505_225419[1].jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190505_225523[1].jpg
    20190505_225523[1].jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190505_225537[1].jpg
    20190505_225537[1].jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
?Have you tried a new coil? I had a Rovan with a bad coil after about 4 runs. The coil would spark when I pulled the plug out and grounded it on the casing and looked like it should work, but when I tried starting it with the plug back in nothing. Replaced the coil and she started right up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks