New Grave Digger owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They definitely aren't cheap that's for sure! But then again ... you pay a premium for these niche products. The aim is to be top-quality and the largest most unique (--badass--) RC truck out there; I think it succeeds. I did write Daniel and suggest for future releases to improve their product offerings by offering rollers, and/or customizable RTR setups like "Choose your engine, choose your shock package, choose your electronics package" and have a sort of "standard, better, best" sort of option where possible and an option to opt-out of electronics etc. Well, I mean $1,800 is certainly a lot less than $3,999!

The number of these trucks they will sell, isn't like what Horizon would sell of their Losi monster trucks for example. I'm sure those sell in the multiple thousands, not in the hundreds or low thousands like these Primal trucks. I can't imagine so far they've sold more than maybe 400 or so of these; maybe even less right now of the Grave Digger so they have to have high margins to survive and stick around operating a business. One of the best ways to keep making money is offering a bunch of upgrades ... and, I love playing and tinkering so either you can afford it or you can't sort of deal I guess. I mean, I couldn't really swing a Taylor 50 right now :p that just wasn't in the cards.

I'm a business owner myself; it's a tough go! Tougher than you'd imagine, and lots of operating expenses with this type of business.

Just look at this thing!!! Awesome =)

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 15
They definitely aren't cheap that's for sure! But then again ... you pay a premium for these niche products. The aim is to be top-quality and the largest most unique (--badass--) RC truck out there; I think it succeeds. I did write Daniel and suggest for future releases to improve their product offerings by offering rollers, and/or customizable RTR setups like "Choose your engine, choose your shock package, choose your electronics package" and have a sort of "standard, better, best" sort of option where possible and an option to opt-out of electronics etc. Well, I mean $1,800 is certainly a lot less than $3,999!

The number of these trucks they will sell, isn't like what Horizon would sell of their Losi monster trucks for example. I'm sure those sell in the multiple thousands, not in the hundreds or low thousands like these Primal trucks. I can't imagine so far they've sold more than maybe 400 or so of these; maybe even less right now of the Grave Digger so they have to have high margins to survive and stick around operating a business. One of the best ways to keep making money is offering a bunch of upgrades ... and, I love playing and tinkering so either you can afford it or you can't sort of deal I guess. I mean, I couldn't really swing a Taylor 50 right now :p that just wasn't in the cards.

I'm a business owner myself; it's a tough go! Tougher than you'd imagine, and lots of operating expenses with this type of business.

Just look at this thing!!! Awesome =)

I'll guarantee the number is alot higher than you think. Easily several thousand on the previous models, and probably a close to 1k or more on the Grave Digger.

Well they still have collectors editions available, and my standard edition I purchased just a couple weeks ago now was labelled #188 so unless they just sold a whack of them in 1-2 weeks by their count anyhow based on my order it’s less than 400 sold :) Be interested to know though. Such a cool business

Well they still have collectors editions available, and my standard edition I purchased just a couple weeks ago now was labelled #188 so unless they just sold a whack of them in 1-2 weeks by their count anyhow based on my order it’s less than 400 sold :) Be interested to know though. Such a cool business

I believe there sold out according to Dan. Website just isn't updated, maybe grave digger less than 400.

Dan might be just saying that for whatever reason, because you can go through and checkout with a collectors edition still. You can't really run an online eCommerce shop when your stock levels aren't tracked; but who knows :)

Not sure why my post did this above..sorry lol!

I looked at converting my V2 to a Digger, after new cage, body, lights, premium decals, new shocks and all that jazz...I was at almost $1,800 bucks. I figure if I want one that bad..might as well as just buy a new Digger...that price didn't even include swapping the red frame sides, red aluminum axle "bumpers" and so on. SMH.🤦‍♂️
I was under 1k CAD for the body, cage ( I got the u assemble it one ), front light kit, flag and the normal 40th limited decals
It’s still expensive but you really don’t need to replace the red parts I think the red/green will look pretty good actually
And while replacing the shocks would be a good idea I don’t think it’s really necessary and could be done later on down the road
I did get 4 silver mega shocks for my truck a while back but I am not going to upgrade to the 8 shock setup

IMO the 4 shocks setup could be tuned more easily than 8 separate shocks; the negative pressure cap system isn't perfect either but maybe needs a bit of breaking on. Although I will say, the negative pressure setup or whatever you call it makes fine tuning the shock rebound really nice. Just tweak the screws slightly to match the rebound settings left to right; it's pretty cool actually in that way.

I put the negative pressure units on my other truck and I’m still debating if they were worth it or not as I didn’t really see any noticeable difference in performance
They look real good though
I’m just trying to fit the digger body/cage to my V2 truck with the Taylor 50 and I’m now wishing I hadn’t sold my V1Taylor torpedo pipe as I think it would work better then the inframe pipe that I have now
Had to cut a few crossmember pieces out and it all fits but the pipe is a c hair from touching the hood/bottom of the windshield area
Put some aluminum tape there to help shield from heat so hopefully it doesn’t melt guess I will find out when I run it lol

Is everyone having troubles with pipe fitment ? It seems so , maybe better fit when obr steps in again , I'm still in the learning curve here before purchase , as I e stated I'm freeking out over some of the fallout ! But I've come to terms , I'm getting it some how , used what ever , just for alllll this $$$$$$$ ,we still gotta fix it !!?? Just like some toy from horizon hobby for crap sakes ! JEEEEEZE !!

Well the current pipes were designed to fit the Ram and mega truck cages so it’s not surprising that there is issues with fitting the pipes on the new digger cages
Someone will prob have to come out with a digger specific pipe

Well, she’s finished for now. See how it runs as I didn’t end up buying the high flow fuel kit yet; just re-did the lines and took the kink out then added an inline filter and an aluminum cap.

Applied the decals by using some tape to hold them in place and removing the backing as I worked my way up. Next to impossible it seemed to apply these decals (at least for my first go) without bubbles or having to use an exacto to cut a couple relief cuts. I’d do it a bit differently next time if there’s a next time, which who knows if the end result would be ‘perfect’. Turned out well enough!

Installed the 23/27 gear combo.

Not really much to upgrade on this thing now short of tinkering. I’ll probably wait to run the truck until a bit more snow melts as it’s a bit of a soggy mess on the property right now :)

Attachments

• 1A906D0D-7B3C-468B-86EF-F628B32CC650.jpeg
    1A906D0D-7B3C-468B-86EF-F628B32CC650.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 19
  • 6D11D47D-ABF6-4507-BC39-AB0FE964E7C8.jpeg
    6D11D47D-ABF6-4507-BC39-AB0FE964E7C8.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 18
  • B2C37D2D-63EF-427D-B5FF-BF0225F2D4E9.jpeg
    B2C37D2D-63EF-427D-B5FF-BF0225F2D4E9.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 3A278CBF-7535-469F-BEDF-AF01F62B45D2.jpeg
    3A278CBF-7535-469F-BEDF-AF01F62B45D2.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 026A97C9-E4DC-4F04-A027-E4A9C4B5E622.jpeg
    026A97C9-E4DC-4F04-A027-E4A9C4B5E622.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 16
I'll try it with it on first, but I've heard your advice for sure :) IMO I'd rather clean poop out of the inline filter than the screen in the carb; never had a leak with one of these filters before, but I've definitely pulled one apart and found a bit of gunk inside one before. Possibly from using a felt clunk previously though

I'll try it with it on first, but I've heard your advice for sure :) IMO I'd rather clean poop out of the inline filter than the screen in the carb; never had a leak with one of these filters before, but I've definitely pulled one apart and found a bit of gunk inside one before. Possibly from using a felt clunk previously though
If there's gunk in it your clunk isn't working right. Over the years there's been many guys that installed them to have issues with fuel delivery, or air intrusion in the fuel system. It's pretty much always leads back to those inline fuel filters. Your rig do as you will, but I wouldn't and don't reccomend them.

Completely cought up on my stupid credit deals on my stuffed hobby room , cleared for more than enough for my digger purchase , I'm still waiting , on some things to be worked out on this thing , this is a huge purchase for fools like me , 🤣🤑🤑, so I'm really watching things , like this thread , and talking with Rocky on thunder rc , he agrees with me on waiting , he tells me there's some , things coming up on the digger that I should wait for , he says he can't say but he will let me know , when he does , but I can't get over the roller option ,that would be the answer for me , K! Codeman ! Run it let's here how it goes , I can't wait to hear ! Congrats on the build !

Interesting, wonder what exactly is in the works.

Redid my exhaust tonight. Used a bit shorter tube with a bit larger ID, and cut the stinger. Didn't like the angle upward on the stinger as stock so got that all fixed up, and will re-wrap the end part later. Just put some thick duct tape on for now so I wasn't scratching the metal and the tank while bending and playing with the angles.

The new fuel fittings should be here in a day or two.

I think Primal will be releasing a roller just FYI. Heard from Dan while communicating about some issues with the parts out of the box after suggesting a few things myself, that they do plan on selling rollers after receiving a ton of feedback on that.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks