New to forum and 5th scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which in tank fuel filter is better you think? One on left was in stock tank one on right is the fid larger tank for the 2 speed set up..

Attachments

• 20210425_080801.jpg
    20210425_080801.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 12
Any other Canadians ever order anything from DDM? Shipment arrives and fedex wants another 27 bones???Wtf? Return to sender.

Any other Canadians ever order anything from DDM? Shipment arrives and fedex wants another 27 bones???Wtf? Return to sender.
I have been using a local hobby shop as a middle man to avoid that crap. I never had an issue with FedEx, UPS is another story. They’ve bent me over hard before!

Just got dinged $42 bucks and change for my Olimat pipe between Australia post and Canada post! $10.00 just for handling. Just assumed it was natural for a Post office to handle shite! What a fekking crock!

Attachments

• A3A9FFDF-51A2-4DE9-8673-3E94237636D5.jpeg
    A3A9FFDF-51A2-4DE9-8673-3E94237636D5.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
When I lived in Africa my order would always face custom charges with FedEx ups ect😤 . Now in Oz I only get charged if the parcels value is over $1000AUD👏🏻😛

I have been using a local hobby shop as a middle man to avoid that crap. I never had an issue with FedEx, UPS is another story. They’ve bent me over hard before,

Just got dinged $42 bucks and change for my Olimat pipe between Australia post and Canada post! $10.00 just for handling. Just assumed it was natural for a Post office to handle shite! What a fekking crock!
Feel your pain😤

Customs charges have nothing to do with the company you bought the stuff from, and you'll still have to pay the fee if you reject the package. It's an import tax, and by buying from out of your country you become the importer. I buy plenty of saw parts from the not so great white north, and have gotten dinged more then once with a fricken import tax.

Hey Sean,

I have to respectfully disagree. You can’t escape duties or tariffs if applicable, I get that! The added charges some companies charge to collect it is the is the issue for me. At the time of buying an item the added delivery costs should be known to all parties.

if the carrier is going to impose another fee for customs/brokerage it should be made known to the consignee. Not hidden until the package arrives and then tacked on to the overall charge. I paid approximately $300 bucks brokerage fee almost 20 years ago for a set of Stans Tri-y stainless steel headers for an International Scout ll that wasn’t tax or duty.

My problem this time is an extra $10.00 bucks to collect said taxes. At the time of check out they know the stuff is going international and should be upfront! I’ve never paid brokerage from USPS no matter the value..full stop.

Last edited:
Hey Sean,

I have to respectfully disagree. You can’t escape duties or tariffs if applicable, I get that! The added charges some companies charge to collect it is the is the issue for me. At the time of buying an item the added delivery costs should be known to all parties.

if the carrier is going to impose another fee for customs/brokerage it should be made known to the consignee. Not hidden until the package arrives and then tacked on to the overall charge. I paid approximately $300 bucks brokerage fee almost 20 years ago for a set of Stans Tri-y stainless steel headers for an International Scout ll that wasn’t tax or duty.

My problem this time is an extra $10.00 bucks to collect said taxes. At the time of check out they know the stuff is going international and should be upfront!
Hmm I've never had to pay a brokerage fee, but I still don't see how that would fall back on ddm. All they go off of is what fed ex charges them to deliver the product from point A to B. From Canada to the USA usps (although painfully slow as if late) is typically the way to ship, downside is I have to go pick up whatever and pay the tariff, never a brokerage free. Wonder if it's different for different countries, or shippers.

Hey Sean,

My problem this time is an extra $10.00 bucks to collect said taxes. At the time of check out they know the stuff is going international and should be upfront!
Customs charges have nothing to do with the company you bought the stuff from, and you'll still have to pay the fee if you reject the package. It's an import tax, and by buying from out of your country you become the importer. I buy plenty of saw parts from the not so great white north, and have gotten dinged more then once with a fricken import tax.
There wasn't any customs to clear all items in order were less than $50.00 Revenue Canada doesn't charge duties on items less than $50.00. The charge is bogus and yes it's the carriers doing I get it. Had a conversation with DDM it's all good I've already forked out the $27 and I'm gonna try and recoup it from fedex....Wish me luck.

Just to be clear I’ve never blamed the shipper. I’ve blamed the carrier, hence I completely shy away from UPS. I’ve gotten a bunch of stuff via Royal Mail/Canada post from the UK and never gotten hit with it either. That’s why I was a little pissed with with getting nailed this time as thought it would be the same as Royal Mail.

it’s almost like spinning a roulette wheel, hence my pissiness! 🤬

There wasn't any customs to clear all items in order were less than $50.00 Revenue Canada doesn't charge duties on items less than $50.00. The charge is bogus and yes it's the carriers doing I get it. Had a conversation with DDM it's all good I've already forked out the $27 and I'm gonna try and recoup it from fedex....Wish me luck.
Good luck, sounds like a fricken scam. 🤦
Just to be clear I’ve never blamed the shipper. I’ve blamed the carrier, hence I completely shy away from UPS. I’ve gotten a bunch of stuff via Royal Mail/Canada post from the UK and never gotten hit with it either. That’s why I was a little pissed with with getting nailed this time as thought it would be the same as Royal Mail.

it’s almost like spinning a roulette wheel, hence my pissiness! 🤬
Hmm yes I agree, that would piss me off as well. The taxes tariffs are one thing, but paying extra doesn't make sense

Ron,

Regardless if tax or duty was imposed the package still had to clear customs and that is where they will stick it to you. Also duty free doesn’t mean tax free if they choose to nail you, you’ll be on the hook for the value converted to CDN x 13% tax to remain “True North Strong And Free” 🤣

Oh yeah, on top of that CBSA includes cost of shipping in that $50.00. If the cost of goods + shipping then converted to Canadian currency is over $50.00 you’re screwed. Good luck coming in less than $50!

Last edited:
Goodies arrived today. The axel extenders came off ebay as ddm was out of stock.
The jofer RC servo spacer does not fit the hitec d845 wp servo it fits the hs5765 I use for throttle

Attachments

• 20210506_145759.jpg
    20210506_145759.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 16203281970346082923744202311822.jpg
    16203281970346082923744202311822.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Almost back together setting gear mesh and installing radio gear and killswitch today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice might even get to play.
Anybody have any experience with the DGI axel extenders? The O ring sufficient to retain the pins? Or should I just go ahead and throw a band of gorilla tape on to retain them?
Installed the pullstart extender works as it should.
Went ahead and put a thin strip of black gorilla duct tape on then o ring will see how they perform. Installed tires last night and it certainly looks wider I'm sure it will impact handling. Going to test with a set of stocker wheels I have as well to get the full review experience.

Attachments

• 20210508_060445.jpg
    20210508_060445.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210508_060545.jpg
    20210508_060545.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1620471888047330668572691662223.jpg
    1620471888047330668572691662223.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210508_074713.jpg
    20210508_074713.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210508_074636.jpg
    20210508_074636.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well got about 3/4 tank in today before throttle servo shite the bed. Looking at replacing it with another hitec servo. Any suggestions?
Bit of carnage.

Attachments

• 1620499666099620777333290508046.jpg
    1620499666099620777333290508046.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks