New to Large Scale - Should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losi imo is hands down the best. I have no experience with king. Rovan seems to be good for the most part. I have some rovan wheels and shocks. The tires that came with the wheels were junk. The shocks have been on for about a year or so. A lot of guys seem to have good luck with the roven. But still buy once cry once... I'd go losi.

Rovan and KM are pretty much the same vehicles. Not bad quality if you get the HD nylon parts. The engines arent bad to start off but the general consensus says they don't last long. The Losi will be hands down the better quality.

Also the Rovan/KM electronics are junk. Buy upgraded servos and have them ready to swap when the stock ones crap out

I have savox servos on my throttle and steering. The stock losi ones crapped out after a while. Well just the steering servo, but I figured I'd better just replace the both of them. I like savox have them In most of my rc. I have a lot of rc stuff....

Good choice going with a losi rather than the rovan. I bought an LT305 a few years back and what a piece of poo. Rear center shaft didn't make it through the first brake in tank of fuel, tank leaked, clutch was baked by the end of the second tank of fuel. Rear diff case was a sloppy fit to the bearing carrier, I could on and on. I would have been way ahead had I just bought a second losi instead of that POS rovan!

If you are debating Savox or Hitec servos, the stock losi servos are rebranded Savox. The Hitec HS845 is a much better servo. Savox does make decent servos, their 1/5 scale servos aren't in the top tier though.

Good choice going with a losi rather than the rovan. I bought an LT305 a few years back and what a piece of poo. Rear center shaft didn't make it through the first brake in tank of fuel, tank leaked, clutch was baked by the end of the second tank of fuel. Rear diff case was a sloppy fit to the bearing carrier, I could on and on. I would have been way ahead had I just bought a second losi instead of that POS rovan!

If you are debating Savox or Hitec servos, the stock losi servos are rebranded Savox. The Hitec HS845 is a much better servo. Savox does make decent servos, their 1/5 scale servos aren't in the top tier though.
Oh didn't know that thx

If you are debating Savox or Hitec servos, the stock losi servos are rebranded Savox. The Hitec HS845 is a much better servo. Savox does make decent servos, their 1/5 scale servos aren't in the6 top tier though.
Agree ....there rebranded savoxs...(y).and imo jumbo savox's ain't that good. ...I've had 3x go on me now(n)...hitec 846/5(y)

I've been on a mission to cut weight on my trucks and 3oz for $180 isn't bad. I've spent more for less in other areas but not all at once, LOL.

$180 for a servo is cheap compared to the Hitec 1000SGT i have in my Losi, just wasn't any other good choices when I needed a servo for it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks