new toy rtr bonzi 50 inch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the toy boat runs very much like the real 1/1 boats.....kick the rudder out some should
make the nose come down..you want to get it to plane out....and just like real boat
with prop's ..ya have to start over.......My cosusin & I use to race real Hydro's..many years back.....was always make corrections to get it right....also had some to due with the water....smooth or slight ripples on the water...all had a effect on the boat....
Sounds like you having a good time my friend....slawhammer

ive had another win with my boat, my tiny tach fronze and had some moisture in it, i let it sit out of the boat over a week, it sort of started workig again, but there was parts of the numbers still missing and the nubers where very dull.

i pealed the cover off the cover and let it sit inside the house for about a week and its started working corectly today, ill let it sit for another week or so to dry out befor resealing it and install it back into the boat.

it seasm the tiny tach are not splash proof.

You can gentley dry it out with a hair dryer on low setting....with some distance
as not to get it very hot..just warm to dry up the mositure.....Slawhammer

well i brought one of these from whh

CA5030-2.gif

as some times when cornering i notice she slows down when it sucks a bit of water spray from the right vent of the hatch cover.

ive also brought a 7016/3 cheap aluminium prop from whh to try out, as i like the 7016/2 steve lent me to try out, sofar ive only used the 7016/2 once but to me it made a big improment, so i would like to try a 3 blade in the same diamiter and pitch to see how that goes befor i jump in and by a good 7016 of my own.

im working now so i also brought the race version bonzi pipe with 1 inch band so i can unscrew my bonzi quiet and convert it to a 1 inch band pipe, that bonzi call it there race pipe so ill see how that goes.

my replacement rudder isnt here yet i was hopping it got here for the weekend as there weather has been great no wind and pritty warm in the 30 degree range.

last time i used the 7016/2 i didnt have my tiny tach on as it was drying out so im keen to try it with the tach and see what revs im getting and compare the speed and rpm with the stock prop and the 7016/3 to see witch way i can go, then later try the abc 3 blade.

ive also been thinking about zero drag crank seals, i would not dare use them for off road rc use but since the boat isnt running in dirt and sand im thinkig about it.

i might be doign this back wards but if i can get the most speed and rpm out of the motor as i can with set up and so on, befor i tune it, it should go well, but its been temptiong just the lean it out and see what she will do, i quess im trying to look after this motor and get a long run out of it as its only 4.5 hours old.

so im hopping the new rudder gets here befor next weekend so i can have a run and get some rpm readings on stevs prop and then see witch way i can go.

im not sure how long whh order will take as my last order took a fair while just to hear any thing back they must be realy bussy.

does any one know if the prop rpm drops a bit runnign 3 blade props over 2 blade props ? you would think so.

as one 3 blade prop i was recomended has a diamiter of 72 but a pitch of a 100mm i know in 2 blades that just makes my motor rev its guts out.

well i got my new rudder the other day, so i put the boat back to gether and when to the lake with my wife and daughter for a picknick abnd i ring the bonzi neck and gave it a good run.

last time i took the boat out with Steve,s 7016/2 prop i didnt have a tiny tach and i had the boat over trimmed, but this time i has the tiny tach working and compared notes with the other two props Prather 275 and 270 and it seams like this prop is now slower as i just cant get the revs but it runs better on the water, so i might see if i can get a abc 2714/3 and or a prop shop 7015/2.

any way i have fun played with the set up for a bit but spend most of the day just having fun and running the boat as a family we all enjoyed it, and it was a great day weather wise not to hot just a little wind now and then and the sky boats running on the other side made some nice waves for me for some thrills and spills.

my whh order was finaly shipped out 9 days after making the order so that should be here in the next 2 weeks with a couple of cheap props to try out, and my bonzi race pipe should be here on monday and tuesday, so next run will be with a race pipe (1 inch band) so ill see how that goes.

any way here is a quick video of the boat running with a back flip with a fluke landing and i was able to drive off again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWCwtTz1lg

and some pictures

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

100_1860.jpg

100_1888.jpg

100_1889.jpg

100_1932.jpg

Do you intend to race her once you've done your upgrades.

Like the Celtic Knot emblem.

na mate no racing, for me just a sport rc boat user the nearest club is a 5 hour round trip drive, i just go to the lake with the family and have a bbq and a picknick, more fun i think.

the cletic emblem is a stick and part of the bussness log from khl custom aribrushing, the guy who did my fg mt body and my hpi baja body.

No more cars then Benck?
J.

i think ill stick to boats for a while, ive found it much more fun, more of a famliy thing and sofar nothing has broken, fallen off, worn out or come loose on the boat, its cheaper and to maintain and less mantaince.

na mate no racing, for me just a sport rc boat user the nearest club is a 5 hour round trip drive, i just go to the lake with the family and have a bbq and a picknick, more fun i think.

the cletic emblem is a stick and part of the bussness log from khl custom aribrushing, the guy who did my fg mt body and my hpi baja body.

i think ill stick to boats for a while, ive found it much more fun, more of a famliy thing and sofar nothing has broken, fallen off, worn out or come loose on the boat, its cheaper and to maintain and less mantaince.

benckie
i thought you were selling your boat...a few weeks ago...you know i still tossing up on weather to get rid of the baja,s and buy a 26cc boat...

im not selling it

boats are good, i find it more fun less maintance then off road and cjheaper in the long run

Last edited:
Today after work i removed the blue v-stack on the carb, installed the bonzi race tail to my exhaust, greased the drive cable put on a 7016 3 balde prop and adjusted every thing, ready to go campping at the lake tomorow and get as much running of the boat in as i can.

for now i just used this for the header pipe lenght later on ill play more with pipe lenght

http://bonzisports.com/images/diagrams/power.pipe.gif

im looking forward to camping and get to run the boat tomorow ill take some pictures and vids and see how i go

I had a good weekend camping witht he family and the boat, got to try out 2 new props and compare them to Steve,s 7016/2.

the bonzi race pipe is a little louder didnt bother me, the power comes on with a thumb and isnt as smooth as the bonzi queit pipe, but there was 1000 rpm gain on iddle and a few more rpm on the top end, it took a little to get use to, but i like it.

the 7016/3 prop was clearly the fastes prop out of the 3 i played with, even though i didnt get into setting each prop up i just used all 3 with netural set up, the 70105/2 mm prop was the best for handling once the water got ruffer and the wind picked up, and the 7016/2 was in the middle.

witht he 7016/3 the take off was a bit slower, some time the prop would break loose the motor would rev high then the prop would grip and the motor would load up then once she was going it just got faster then more room you gave it the faster it got.

a video with the bonzi race pipe and the 7016/3 prop still have not tuned the top end yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW1pAj95zN8

not so much a speed gain but it gave me more power to spin a prop with a big pitch and an extra blade.

a video with a 70 mm 105mm 2 blade prop (if i rember correctly) running no hatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Pgz3E4LU8

this prop had better take off and mid acceleration but did have the top end the 3 balde prop had, and once the water got choppy from the wind and sky boats i kept runnign the 70mm 105mm 2 blade prop as it handled better and was a bit more stable.

here is a couple of pictures with out the hatch, the boat run well with not hatch and no v stack on the carby.

100_1995.jpg

100_1996.jpg

i did manage to loose a hatch on staterday but i kept running the boat saterday arvo and sunday with out it, all in all a good weekend time with the family and still got to play with the boat.

Seems to be going well.:cool2:

You'll have to send your missus out in the dingy and film from there as all we're seeing is a white lines shooting over the water. :clown::clown:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks