New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been playing the waiting game for two weeks waiting for the tires to be released to Detroit.I have been ordering small bits and pieces while I wait.I decided to replace every single bolt on the truck to stainless since the black bolts would have driven me nuts on the new billet pieces.I ordered 4 assorted kits that will cover almost every bolt on the trck like 10 times.I also ordered the front billet bumper support.I am going to leave at least one plastic part between the billet pieces so as to not bend everything when I crash it because it is going to happen this thing will not sit on a shelf.

The motor is still kind of driving me nuts.I hear from some people the 50GT won't be enough for the Vekta if you have a lot of aluminum and my aluminum bits are starting to add up.Mike and John recommend the 50 so I am currently stuck there but the 65 is kind of teasing me to pull the trigger.

I think you'll be just fine with the 50 engine..... think about it, it recommended for a 32cc stock, now you got 50, idk how that's not enough. From the vida I've seen the 50 will be that sweet spot of power, and not blow the wheels off continuously.

Well I have been playing the waiting game for two weeks waiting for the tires to be released to Detroit.I have been ordering small bits and pieces while I wait.I decided to replace every single bolt on the truck to stainless since the black bolts would have driven me nuts on the new billet pieces.I ordered 4 assorted kits that will cover almost every bolt on the trck like 10 times.I also ordered the front billet bumper support.I am going to leave at least one plastic part between the billet pieces so as to not bend everything when I crash it because it is going to happen this thing will not sit on a shelf.

The motor is still kind of driving me nuts.I hear from some people the 50GT won't be enough for the Vekta if you have a lot of aluminum and my aluminum bits are starting to add up.Mike and John recommend the 50 so I am currently stuck there but the 65 is kind of teasing me to pull the trigger.
I'll be running the 65 in a billet build too but the TT so I'll find out as well, unless John gets back to me soon about the 80 and says its not too late to change my order.I was worried about the cage and body cut with the bigger engines, but I'm getting over it?

Lance you have quite a bit of experience with big bores so you have a much better idea on what would work best.I spoke to RcMax and the 50 is what they recommended and that is why I was going with that size motor and also that it needed no cutting of the body.I guess the saying measure twice cut once applies here too.

I think the cutting on the body is your main issue so if that's the case I say go with what rcmax is saying and go with the 50gt because no cutting is necessary. Thats prob the reason they are suggesting it. Im sure you emphasized the not wanting to cut anything. Anything bigger and you will have to cut. My vekta weighed in at 53lbs with the rcmax 65 I had and she was quick. I'm sure the 50 will be plenty fast for you with it. Just not enough for me?

I don't own a vekta but I seriously don't get whh you guys are so stuck up with cutting a little bit out the cage ? I personally wouldn't and didn't give a fek when I had to cutup my brand new Baja cage ?
I had a nasty comment, but in the post christmas spirit I'll let you slide ??
I think the cutting on the body is your main issue so if that's the case I say go with what rcmax is saying and go with the 50gt because no cutting is necessary. Thats prob the reason they are suggesting it. Im sure you emphasized the not wanting to cut anything. Anything bigger and you will have to cut. My vekta weighed in at 53lbs with the rcmax 65 I had and she was quick. I'm sure the 50 will be plenty fast for you with it. Just not enough for me?
Oh come now my good man, you just said about setting EPA and exponential to tame the beast! Surely you haven't done that with your 65? Idk I don't have a vekta so I based my opinion off of videos I have seen, I always thought the 50gt did very well for how heavy they are, your vids the vekta was fast, but seemed to have some issues keeping the power to the ground lots of wheel spin, but I'm sure driving skill (not mine lol) can help mitigate some of that. I just cant see the point in using the EPA to to tame the engines power to keep it going straight, may as well used the smaller engine amd let her eat ?‍♂️

I had a nasty comment, but in the post christmas spirit I'll let you slide ??

Oh come now my good man, you just said about setting EPA and exponential to tame the beast! Surely you haven't done that with your 65? Idk I don't have a vekta so I based my opinion off of videos I have seen, I always thought the 50gt did very well for how heavy they are, your vids the vekta was fast, but seemed to have some issues keeping the power to the ground lots of wheel spin, but I'm sure driving skill (not mine lol) can help mitigate some of that. I just cant see the point in using the EPA to to tame the engines power to keep it going straight, may as well used the smaller engine amd let her eat ?‍♂️
I just mentioned the EPA and exp because @siblues is mentioning a reason for not getting it because of not being able to drive a large cc big bore because of the uncontrollable powerband. To me, that's the fun of a big bore. If I wanted controllable power I would stay with a 34 or so??‍♂️ I think the 50gt would be good for him but i guarantee he will be questioning his choice in the future. I personal would get the 65 just because of the supreme case, if I was to get a rcmax.

I don't own a vekta but I seriously don't get whh you guys are so stuck up with cutting a little bit out the cage ? I personally wouldn't and didn't give a fek when I had to cutup my brand new Baja cage ?
I have the kraken trophy truck and the body panels are impossible to obtain right now, same with the cage or Id be cuttin and stuffin away, Also my preference is to go for that sleeper look.?

Well I just sold my battery box and I am waiting on Hari to put the finishing touches on the new ones.I saw John's thread and it looked like he didn't have much trouble fitting that 71cc in there so who knows now.I am waiting to hear back from John at Detroit in regards to the spikes.I can't believe I held out this long but I will keep picking up small bits and pieces here and there and see what happens.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks