New Vesla 5 owner…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanveer

Picked up my Vesla 5 two days ago, went for the gas roller with plans of adding a g320 and a Taylor pipe.

First impressions honestly wasn’t great, no manual supplied with it, the online manual shows no details on fitting an engine, the supplied engine mount for the clutch side of the engine doesn’t fit. The Taylor rc centre brace I purchased just didn’t line up and needs shimming and spacing to fit which I wasn’t too happy about.

But after doing some digging around on the Facebook groups it seems allot of people with this vesla have these same issues, and there is a solution to them.

So after spending two days struggling to get things to work with this Vesla, Iv ordered a cy clutch plate, a tr alloy clutch housing for the g320 and loads of different spacers/washers to see if I can make this work.

A few pics of the issues Iv come across so far.

Il keep this updated over the next few days as parts start turning up, I really hope I can make it work as it looks like such an awesome platform and very easy to work on.

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

Picked up my Vesla 5 two days ago, went for the gas roller with plans of adding a g320 and a Taylor pipe.

First impressions honestly wasn’t great, no manual supplied with it, the online manual shows no details on fitting an engine, the supplied engine mount for the clutch side of the engine doesn’t fit. The Taylor rc centre brace I purchased just didn’t line up and needs shimming and spacing to fit which I wasn’t too happy about.

But after doing some digging around on the Facebook groups it seems allot of people with this vesla have these same issues, and there is a solution to them.

So after spending two days struggling to get things to work with this Vesla, Iv ordered a cy clutch plate, a tr alloy clutch housing for the g320 and loads of different spacers/washers to see if I can make this work.

A few pics of the issues Iv come across so far.

Il keep this updated over the next few days as parts start turning up, I really hope I can make it work as it looks like such an awesome platform and very easy to work on.

View attachment 90950

View attachment 90951

View attachment 90952

View attachment 90953

View attachment 90954
I had the same problem putting my g320 in it. I had to shim mine to get it to not rub on the clutch bell. Worked just PITA.
I’ve recently put a Taylor 50GT in it and it fit like a glove. No shimming required.
The platform is great and easy to work on. Don’t get discouraged it’s all part of the hobby.
You’ll need to shim the bottom engine mount as the spacer provided with the roller will be to tall.
My suggestion will be to snug everything and slowly tighten and see what needs shimmed and proceed on that way.

I had the same problem putting my g320 in it. I had to shim mine to get it to not rub on the clutch bell. Worked just PITA.
I’ve recently put a Taylor 50GT in it and it fit like a glove. No shimming required.
The platform is great and easy to work on. Don’t get discouraged it’s all part of the hobby.
You’ll need to shim the bottom engine mount as the spacer provided with the roller will be to tall.
My suggestion will be to snug everything and slowly tighten and see what needs shimmed and proceed on that way.

It hasn’t put me off, was just a little disappointed. After spending some time working on it and trying to get things to work I really like it. Very easy to work on, and hopefully runs as good as the videos Iv seen on YouTube.

It hasn’t put me off, was just a little disappointed. After spending some time working on it and trying to get things to work I really like it. Very easy to work on, and hopefully runs as good as the videos Iv seen on YouTube.
Oh good. Well glad to hear it. Yea it’s fun! Can’t beat 2x4 driving. 💪🏼 a g320 is a good power to weight ratio imo too so you’ll like it!

Well that’s the vesla pretty much done, waiting for the blackbone spur gear and layshaft so I can get rid of the slipper clutch and install the killswitch tomorrow morning before its first run.

Really glad with how it’s turned out and it’s so easy to work on. Can’t wait to rip this one😍

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1679.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

IMG_1681.jpeg

does anyone know if the stock diff and transmission come with hardened gears? will they handle a big bore in stock form?
No they don’t. DDM sells them but are currently out of stock.
IMG_2346.jpeg
I want to say “Thunder” went through his gears but I can’t recall 100% I’m going to give it a shot with mine until these become available again.
What you have in it now it will be fine. If you decide to run a big bore then I would also upgrade the rear diff housing as well. Kraken offers one and Taylor RC has a beautiful 3 piece housing. There’s other things to upgrade too but that’s when and if you run a big bore.

*EDIT*
TAYLOR RC HAS THESE IN STOCK

Last edited:
The hardened gears came out with the 12s version, and no the non hardened gears will not withstand the torment of a high power set up.

View attachment 91003
I just got done talking to Mike about this. He said they have gone through a bunch before they came out with the hardened gears. So yea definitely need to upgrade. I just ordered some myself. :cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks