Newbie with first 1/5 scale gasser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going with Push Pull, with the HiTek 1005. I thought the 1005 would be OK single armed, but Matt Olson of MOD recommended going double sided any ways. So, I'll take that advice. I don't know how much better my luck would have been had I done a push pull with the D845WP, but Crucial just got his on with a D845WP so I'll be curious to see how his does.

Radio question. This truck came with a sr3300t receiver. Also has a temp sensor on the engine and rpm pickup on the drive line. I believe this is all OEM stuff. I didn't have a surface radio so i bought a DX5 transmitter. Receiver wont bind because it is old technology so I bought a sr6100t receiver which works. This new receiver has the telemetry running through an x-bus adapter which looks like some type of molex connector. The sensors that are on the car have jr servo connectors. I cant seem to find sensors to fit the new receiver. Suggestions?

This is the receiver. I have emailed horizon support.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_211141.jpg
    IMG_20200101_211141.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 15
Another newbie question.... There are no axle boots over where the ball and pin go into the socket to drive the wheels, In the manual I downloaded I don't see any there either. I see where i can order some online and I am going to, but why wouldn't you have them on from the factory?

Another newbie question.... There are no axle boots over where the ball and pin go into the socket to drive the wheels, In the manual I downloaded I don't see any there either. I see where i can order some online and I am going to, but why wouldn't you have them on from the factory?
To cut costs. There are a ton of things the factory could do to make their car bullet proof, but who would want to pay the costs all at once. If so, you could get an MCD and pay $2000 for a roller, but would not need to upgrade anything.

Finally got it to where I could run it. I have 2 questions. Shouldn't you be able to see fuel squirt into the carb when squeezing the primer bulb. I have preloaded all the shocks the same. My front end sits noticeably higher then the back. Is that normal? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_160423.jpg
    IMG_20200302_160423.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Prime bulb only pressures the fuel line , it dose not add fuel to the carb on these little motors?? it's the piston moving up and down that pulls the fuel through via the pulse hole?? as for preload it will all depend on what you running on? very bumpy lower the preload?? flat ie sports field more load??✔
Thanks for the info!

I bought a 30 degree north body and the vinyl wrap came from Dark Side Studio.

Attachments

• PXL_20210825_002110168.jpg
    PXL_20210825_002110168.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 2
Radio question. This truck came with a sr3300t receiver. Also has a temp sensor on the engine and rpm pickup on the drive line. I believe this is all OEM stuff. I didn't have a surface radio so i bought a DX5 transmitter. Receiver wont bind because it is old technology so I bought a sr6100t receiver which works. This new receiver has the telemetry running through an x-bus adapter which looks like some type of molex connector. The sensors that are on the car have jr servo connectors. I cant seem to find sensors to fit the new receiver. Suggestions?
Did you ever figure out how to modify your wiring so you can use your new SR6100T? I have the same problem. I purchased the DX5 Pro Transmitter and it will not bind to my SR3300T that came with a used YETI XL. I thought it was the issue with the old receiver so I purchased a new SR3300T. The new one does not bind also. I’d rather not buy an older Transmitter just so I can use the ST3300T.

Did you ever figure out how to modify your wiring so you can use your new SR6100T? I have the same problem. I purchased the DX5 Pro Transmitter and it will not bind to my SR3300T that came with a used YETI XL. I thought it was the issue with the old receiver so I purchased a new SR3300T. The new one does not bind also. I’d rather not buy an older Transmitter just so I can use the ST3300T.
No I gave up on the telemetry. After running the rig all summer I have found their isn't a need for it. I have a DBXL that I bought used and I don't use it on it either.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks