Newbie with first 1/5 scale gasser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foundryratjim

I picked up a slightly modified 5T. I am in the process of going over it and updating the radio system. The engine was 26cc and has a 30cc cylinder and piston. I have been in r/c since the early 80's. This is my first foray into a large gasser.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_154418.jpg
    IMG_20191218_154418.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20191218_161616.jpg
    IMG_20191218_161616.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20191218_161640.jpg
    IMG_20191218_161640.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 62
My second foray into the 1/5 world. I got lucky and bought a pretty well done previously owned rig.

If I had to tell me what to do early...

Dual Horn the steering servo. Get ready to get a different steering servo..

Killer RC steel pull start cord
Aluminum Pawl for pull start from DDM.
LiPo Receiver pack

Kill Switch. (looks like you got one though)

Create accounts for: DDM, DetroitPerformanceRC, MOD and some others..

Have fun running your new truck

Last edited:
What y get??‍♂️
My second foray into the 1/5 world. I got lucky and bought a pretty well done previously owned rig.

If I had to tell me what to do early...

Dual Horn the steering servo. Get ready to get a different steering servo..

Killer RC steel pull start cord
Aluminum Pawl for pull start from DDM.
LiPo Receiver pack

Kill Switch. (looks like you got one though)

Create accounts for: DDM, DetroitPerformanceRC, MOD and some others..

Have fun running your new truck

Is there a measurement or way to check my shock springs to see iff they are in spec? I have no idea if they are stock or not. Would it just be better to buy all new and know what I have. At this point I don't plan on "racing" just screwing around with a couple of other guys that have got gassers in our model plane club.

Is there a measurement or way to check my shock springs to see iff they are in spec? I have no idea if they are stock or not. Would it just be better to buy all new and know what I have. At this point I don't plan on "racing" just screwing around with a couple of other guys that have got gassers in our model plane club.
If it holds the truck up and doesn't feel too soft or too hard, I say run em.

What y get??‍♂️
All. Except the kill switch, which the beastie already had. (That list is too long to put here)

My big ticket things I added were the Monster torque servo set up + Innovative RC shocks on top of that. Both have zero run time yet.

Eventually I'll put the list of mods I have on the intro thread or under my account or something.

All. Except the kill switch, which the beastie already had. (That list is too long to put here)

My big ticket things I added were the Monster torque servo set up + Innovative RC shocks on top of that. Both have zero run time yet.

Eventually I'll put the list of mods I have on the intro thread or under my account or something.
What system you running now, push pull?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks