Newest project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good looks good...did ya get the pipe mounted in the front?
tires look like the will work good in the dirt....Slawhammer

I took a piece of the original roll bar, back part, and mounted it to the front roll bar holes in the body mount and to the pipe. it'll do for now. allready talked to a friend about welding me up a bracket. I just want to shape the piece first then take it to him. could have done it last night but I had had enough wrenching.

I took it outside for a rip and holy man it rips. I am going to like this combo. took a bit to get it started since I washed the engine out and sprayed liquid wrench through it. after flushing with some gas, it fired and purred with stock carb settings. the headkit was used a few times before they swapped to 30cc kits, so no real break in needed. I popped onto the grass and blipped the throttle and 2 sprays of grass came from the tires and left little trenches. Jumped the speed bump a couple times and a couple passes. going to tweak the suspension a bit but hard to tell on pavement and these tires since little contact is there.

we are going to hit the sand dunes in the next couple days as it is a huge area and good for some flat out speeds to tune.

and those tires are brutal to glue up. a serious work out for the fingers. the foams inside come as a strip so I shoe goo'd the ends together. the beads go in from the sides so the tires have to be flopped right over and in, unlike normal tires with the bead on the outside edge. I admit it's not a perfect job as getting them in and glued I had to use a screwdriver to pry the edge and run around while I put glue in, then push them into place. hell I even had the rubber mallet out to tap them in (my bodyworking stuff hehe) and the beads aren't totally flush so don't expect close ups LOL

ya a lot of custom fabbing to make all this stuff fit. never got it done to go play, so another weekend went by and all I did was wrench. oh well, that was just as much fun

Well ya got to fab and wrench and test things out..before you can play hard...
then it is all play fro there out..repair when you have to.........
sounds like you have a real rip snorter there now...ya tell them boys to eat your dirt...
It all will come together for ya....Best to you my friend..Slawhammer

Thanks Roger. I really like the jetpro pipes. even with the silencer it has some growl but not so loud I have to plug my ears. the local crew came out of their garage to have a look but didn't even hear me start it up and they are 6 garages away in the complex.

it's nice outside, so ghostlyrich and I are probably going to hit the dunes later today (we call it dunes anyway, industrial area at the bottom of the hill. they pile sand to settle the area before building as it's marshy, miles of sand piled 40 feet high with level changes and such).

there's a good spot down there to run on road as well, where I did the semi vids. funny enough it's a semi parking lot, so they don't mind me there at all even when working on their rigs.

sweet, I was just donated a new tower. someone I know was storing stuff for someone. supposed to be back within 2 weeks. it's been months and said turf the stuff as he was moving east. fairly new tower too. dell emachines, dual core amd, 120gb hd space (80 and a 40) dvd burner, tons of usb slots for all my gadgets (I have to plug and unplug all the time now)... so that saved me some money for my rc habit :D ... I am going to get it going today, then I can watch streaming videos again. hell to watch movies I have to take them off the dvd to my hard drive or it's choppy and video gets delayed compared to sound.... this old POS gets retired today woohoo... gives me a reason to clean my desk and shop too. fixing 3 5th scales sure spreads out tools and loose screws and chunks of cut off material everywhere haha

Yahooooooooo on the stuff left behind..stepped in a bucket of crap..came up rose's..
good for you....Now those piles of sand or dirt sounds like a good time down the road...
Yeah I have to figure out some thing to make some vids my self......
your project is still looking good....Slawhammer

Last edited:
I was cleaning up and organizing my parts yesterday and came to axles and such. I just replaced my axles in the semi with ball drives. I had the fg axle in hand and compared it to the firehammer and the fg is a little bit longer. so I tossed them on the back of the mt. it allowed me to put the wide squares on. now the back end is a little bit wider.

and after looking around, I can't see the beetle shell fitting over my pipe without raising it a mile. the front sits up quite high on this thing. love the pipe but now almost wishing I'd gotten the monster beetle pipe instead. so I guess it's either a truck or mcd body from sickboy. the balance on the truck with this pipe is perfect though. I can pick up the truck by the rollbar with one finger and it hangs flat. that means flying flat off jumps. even side to side is bang on. so there is an upside. I just am limited on body choices.

am just emailing back and forth with oniell bros. we are discussing the mount on front. looks like there will be a firehammer version. I have to take a better pic now of the front to show them what I did so they can make an alternative mount

you can always sell the jet pipe..I like the beetle pro pipe...That would have been my
choice had I not gotten the RN Fat Monster Pipe....slawhammer
PS.. The firehammer buggy rear drive cup axle are longer than the MT axles..They will work as well

Last edited:
Just cut an opening for your "schlong" pipe in the hood and window. Chicks will dig it.

OMG that is way too funny.

I am going to head out later this afternoon to take the beast for a run.

and I finally mounted up my new work room light. had it in here for the longest time. it's dark in here as you can see in some pics. now I have a big light mounted to the roof over my work table so I can see.

today, I rip this computer out, re organize my desk (it also holds 2 of my 5th scales so I have one either side of my monitor.... close to fondle... schlong comes to mind again haha)

with that new light you say OMG what have I created in the dark...
It's all good my friend...make the project the way you want it to be.....
building is 1/2 the fun ..other 1/2 is running....Get it out runner..post up a vid...
enjoy my friend...Slawhammer
PS..I want to see some canadian sand fly....rooster tails from those wheels...

Last edited:
I'll be heading out shortly, even if I am going myself. it's a holiday today... I spent all day and night getting this computer going. odd problems... no wonder he couldn't get it working. I love restarting the computer a million times.... got another prompt... time to reboot again.

I really scored though. this thing has an amd 3300 dual core, nvidia 6100 graphics (256mb) surround and a pci express slot for later. desperatley needs ram but it's way better than I have been using for the last couple years. I just watched your video slawhammer and could actually watch it :D

Hey my friend have fun..shoot a vid if ya can...want to see the pin tire's throw
dirt....My vid was not the greatest..but my car is no shelf queen..
Sounds like your on top of the puter thing....Slawhammer

I didn't have a camera with me, mine's dead, but I borrowed a camera before I started cleaning the mud off. There is actually a carbon servo tray in there LOL

I submerged the truck in a deep puddle, well the back end. slid down into it and powered out so I didn't have to go swimming myself. mud and water were flying. my pull start filled up with crud too and doesn't always catch. I gave up after a couple pulls to restart it and said, cleaning time. the track is either dusty or muddy. going back to the sand pits next weekend. I can run the semi across the street too, more convenient and less mess to clean. I will be all day now cleaning this thing

I was also donated a newbrite plastic body hummer. going to mount that thing up as well. has working head and tail lights. and the wheelbase is better than the firehammer body... that and the pipe melted part of the body :D

DSCI0001-1.gif
DSCI0002-1.gif
DSCI0003-1.gif
DSCI0004-2.gif

I washed it with the hose yesterday, took the air to it, then sprayed it down with carpet cleaning shampoo (I use a garden sprayer for my shampoo) hose and air again. was amazed at how much mud fell out. it's raining again today so I am going to strip it down.

Oneill's offered to exchange the pipe for me, I think I am going to get the monster beetle pipe instead. love the performance of this pipe but making things fit is a PITA. I'll look again but the pipe even gets in the way of the body mounts in front. I'd have to make some custom mounts. I will definately get the silenced version though. lots of compliments on the volume level of this one and awesome performance

I'll toss the mt tires on with the new body and see first how things fit.

thats gonna look tough with the mt tires.

i have a newbright body too, its an escalade suv ,i am thinking about mounting on my mt.

I haven't had time to touch it. working non stop, 2 jobs a day some days. when I finally get paid for all the contracts (though one I started turned into something I didn't like, so going to take a loss on that one and bow out, sometimes the pay isn't worth the hassles) I'll be fine. collected on one finally today, been over a month. tomorrow I get paid again and again this weekend... well just stopped to get some supplies and took a puter break. it's so hot LOL... people that think it only rains here...

I want to strip the truck but I have a new bench shelf unit in here and need to remove the old stuff to put this in. can barely walk in here right now. I have a tractor and snow blower coming in so have to make room and organize more crap. been looking at my back yard... might need to build a shed along the fence with a swinging gate. my brother tried to give me a boat, motor and trailer and I said where the hell would I put it? the motorcycle is outside tarped on the front deck lol.

I was playing around with the hummer body. I tried an old 5cel nmh battery with the lights and that works good. I will try to rig up a momentary switch so the brake lights come on with the brakes, I haven't quite figured out how I am going to mount it yet, but I am thinking I need to get an fg mt front bulkhead and shock tower setup. at least the shock tower anyway.

this heatwave and work has pretty much drained me out. we are going to run on road this weekend finally.... I can't wait. I was supposed to hit the dunes this week in the evening but having trouble getting motivated to strip the truck... work has been one disaster after another with people changing their minds half way into projects and causing me a lot more work.... and contractors going in after me and screwing up my work and having to go back and fix/clean up. actually looking forward to my weekend graveyard gig tonight as I just watch ufc and either king of the hill or family guy all night... hardest part is staying awake through it all....

I should be starting my landscaping contract in the next week, another field to add to the business. my shop is running out of room so have to wrench solely on the kitchen table now. I hauled away all the excess junk this week so not much else I can dispose of here

yeah a micro switch would work...with a arm attached...You can mount it or the
radio tray..use a small collet on the brake rod to bump the micro switch when ..appling
the brakes.....If you lay truck battery flat ..then stack the other battery on top of it..
that will work...I can make a diagram for ya....Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks