Nutech GT5-R Mustang Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I just ordered them too. Also, thanks for the Mustang body, very nice and yellow does look good. I also see that they have a Red body option from another seller, but that one is in German and they don't seem to ship to US, which sucks. Red would be my first choice in color, or even black. It seems this is a different ebay, as it doesn't recognize my ebay login. Have you found any tricks to buys stuff from a country that doesn't list USA in the list?

1586643122220.png

And before I even hit Entert to post this reply, I found it! Using what you sent me, I did more searching and found one on rc-car online de, and they ship to US. Thanks for giving me enough info to find the red body I wanted!

1586643882919.png

This is the same body you found, but they offer a few different colors! ?

Last edited:
Glad you found what you wanted. I know they had other colors as I have them in a picture. Are you going to order from them?.
I need a few things and was thinking about ordering.
I'll have to find part #s.
Maybe you could do me a favor,I'll pm you later.

Ordering from Germany:
You just have to contact them first to get a shipping quote.
A lot may say that because they primarily deal with their area/surrounding countries.
They ship to USA.

Last edited:
I ordered the body before posting my last reply. The screenshot I posted was my order confirmation. I didn't have any issue with ordering from rc-car-online.de. That said, we'll see how long it takes to get it LOL

Yes sure thing, PM me and I would be happy to help you.

I think shipping time is going to be somewhat delayed,understandably in current climate. I got stuff from Germany quite quick,prior to to rona'. Ok when I figure out what I'm doing ,I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-17-09-34-03.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-17-09-34-03.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 3
Well the shipping issue was finally resolved, as the axles showed up today. Unfortunately, they are not the correct parts for my car. :(

I'll need to wait until this virus crap is over and JHC is back up, as they carry the correct parts for my GT5R.

I guess while Nutech copied a lot of the FG design, they changes some parts. Oh the fun of trying to restore a old car.

Check out the differences. The top axle is the new FG axle. The bottom is the stock Nutech GT5R front axle. You will see that not only is the FG shorter, the flat spots for the hubs are moved in and the size of the wheel nut would be different.

1588719562611.png

The good news is that JHC has it, but shipping is a issue right now in terms of getting parts to the US.

1588719722500.png

I also found it at bigrcmodels, but their website is broken. When I click on Checkout, I get a DNS error. Trying calling them, no answer and voice mailbox is full.

1588719764596.png

I'll have to try and run the old axles for now. In case anyone is curious, I'm looking to change these front end pieces out due to some front end crash damage. Both front wheels had issues, wobbling and binding when trying to freely spin them. I've already replaced the front barrings, disc pads, disc brakes, and even new wheels and tires so the front axles are the only remaining parts that I need.

If anyone knows where I can find the Nutech part number 51512, please let me know. :)

If its to long, you need to shim the axle. Use a washer/s on (inside) axle to acheive the correct length.
Put washer on axle first then install axle. Use washer/s to get the correct length
Sorry I forgot about the spacer to get correct distance needed. I had to do that myself.
Lmk if more info is needed.?

I finally got some time to work on the Nutech GT5-R Mustang. With so many fires and the air being so bad, I haven't wanted to start and run the car, but we recently had a few days of clear air so I fired it up.

Short video - just a start and systems test / kill switch test / etc.
First engine start after rebuild / repairs / new exhaust

Fires and crappy air is back so I have to wait before I can put the body on it and run

That's Great!!! Looks like a successful. build.?
I appreciate you letting us know its up and running,It looks great.
I was going to pm you to find out what happned, but have been struggling with new health challenges that delayed it.
Im glad I could help.??

Thanks, I'm happy with it. And thank you again for all of your help! I'm sorry to hear about health challenges. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend :)

I'll post another update when I get a chance to actually run it. I'm trying to locate a parking lot big enough and without a bunch of dam light poles. I also have to wait until CA is done burning down :(

I need to rename this thread, as this turned out to be my Build Thread, or should I say my re-Build thread :cool:

I ran this car for the first time and overall, I'm happy with it. I found a great parking lot, but later I learned that it was completely covered with small tiny rock pebbles, so very dirty. This caused traction issues under full load and when turning. If I tried to turn a little while dropping the hammer, it was hard to steer, almost like it was lifting the front tires off the ground just enough to make it hard to steer / control. I need to find a cleaner parking lot and run this car again. I'm making some steering linkage corrections and I want to replace the servos. I tested the Killer Bee kill switch again too, turned off my transmitter and the engine died as expected (y)

I'm sharing a few short videos I took. I know the rear tire gap is big, but the car had to be raised to clear the super big ass exhaust. I may go with bigger tires for the rears. I also learned that the screen mesh front window didn't work out so good for my onboard FPV camera being located inside because it was a super nice and sunny day, too bright means too much glare. I have already moved the FPV camera to on top of the roof.

For now, I'm looking a bigger rear tires, new servos, and a clean parking lot to run it again.

spinout

spinout FPV

First time driving this car

Great going,now though you've just entered college!. ?
Welcome to the wonderful world of suspension tuning!?
This can get complicated.
If tire is lifting then spring/ fluid or anti follow bar needs to be stiffened. You need possibly stiffer springs or swaybar adjustments and or higher viscosity fluid to resist the load.
Basically you want to make it harder to compress the suspension but that's making it sound easy. ?. This is a simplified answer.
Basically its a trial and error learning experience. There are plenty of guides to get yourself acquainted with what's involved. Look in the forums - in fg section,theres tons of info plus others can chime in.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with the big "C" in Oct and life is turned upside down + sideways. I still don't know all the details after the exploratory surgery. I have no plans to leave the bums here?,I pop in when I'm able too.
Ill continue to help when I'm able. You did a great job..??

Great going,now though you've just entered college!. ?
Welcome to the wonderful world of suspension tuning!?
This can get complicated.
If tire is lifting then spring/ fluid or anti follow bar needs to be stiffened. You need possibly stiffer springs or swaybar adjustments and or higher viscosity fluid to resist the load.
Basically you want to make it harder to compress the suspension but that's making it sound easy. ?. This is a simplified answer.
Basically its a trial and error learning experience. There are plenty of guides to get yourself acquainted with what's involved. Look in the forums - in fg section,theres tons of info plus others can chime in.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with the big "C" in Oct and life is turned upside down + sideways. I still don't know all the details after the exploratory surgery. I have no plans to leave the bums here?,I pop in when I'm able too.
Ill continue to help when I'm able. You did a great job..??
Really sad to hear this mate. Hoping you make a full recovery.

@Striikar - very sorry to hear that my friend. Wish you all the best for a full and speedy recovery.

As always, many thanks for your help. You've been a great professor, and I've learned a lot. ? Before I make too many changes, I want to correct a few things and run it again on a cleaner surface. I'll post another update once I have a chance to run it again.

Hey guys - Some updates and requests for help.

I ran my jet engine recently and though I would share that test run. It's a Kingtech Turbines K120G2 jet engine. It puts out 27lbs of thrust. In a large scale rc airplane, it flys at speeds over 200 mph! Of course on land in a heavy car, it will be closer to about 60 mph, but I would never push it that fast. This is more of a fun project. I plan to install this turbine in my Nutech GT5-R Mustang car, but later on. I want to have fun with the 2-stroke and get this car dialed in first. Check out the video here

Yes, it idles at 44k rpm and max thrust is 175k rpm No way the iphone 12 mic can handle the db levels. Yes, I have ear plugs and warned my neighbors LOL

I could use some help in finding replacement servos for my GT5-R. I have a new Futaba 7PXR transmitter, so they need to work well with my new radio. I would rather not have to change the mounts or linkages, so I'm trying to find servos that are the same size as my stock ones.

I only want to replace these servos once, so best quality I can find.

Stock servos are Smartech item: 30132
I roughly measured these: 59x29x53

RCONLINE is recommending this servo for both steering and throttle, and the size matches

https://rc-car-online.de/en/product...iplex-servo-rhino-pro-shv-digi-4-angebot.html

Moving on to wheels....I ordered these and will give them a try

https://rc-car-online.de/en/product...60-for-fg-smartech-co-18-mm-square-offer.html

Happy Holiday's!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to get this rear square hub off? I want to replace them with deeper square hubs, but I cannot figure out how to get this apart.

I have already loosen the two set screws on the hub, but it still does not move.

1610648972454.png
1610649002464.png
1610649048001.png

Can anyone tell me how to get this rear square hub off? I want to replace them with deeper square hubs, but I cannot figure out how to get this apart.

I have already loosen the two set screws on the hub, but it still does not move.

View attachment 68321
View attachment 68322
View attachment 68323
Put a flathead screwdriver in the drive cup, use an adjustable wrench , 18mm wrench or wheel to spin the square off with set screws completely out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks