Nutech Thunderbolt 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took mine out to get it run today but the servo problem is still there. I got a video of it running anyway, but just sitting still. It tried to run away when the servos started tweaking so I killed it and did a video to show what the servos are doing... and it's doing it with all 3 radios I have. Am going to put this GWS servo I have in the throttle first and try it out. if not then I order some new ones tonight.

Pipe sounds awesome. Everyone around said it sounded like a dirt bike. I started it outside here a while ago and got the same. Bummed I couldn't drive it, especially watching my bud rip it up with his baja, but we took the electrics out on the bmx track. I'll put a link to the vids when my bud uploads them. for fun I tossed the 3s lipo in with my 5700 and was getting some serious airtime. busted 2 body posts, ripped the body up pretty bad and bent the rear shock tower. not bad for a day of serious abuse (that little ofna is one tough truck)

th_DSCI0001-3.gif

th_DSCI0002-3.gif

Hey there Mr. P,

Just had a thought about them servo's, could it be interference? Spoke to a LHS here in UK and he mentioned the North American models are not supplied with a 2.4GHz Tx.

Does JP pipe maker have an email? Is it worth sticking with stock pipe till engine power is upgraded as well (UK spec engine is only 23cc).

Lastly, how can one tell if the Punibolt is pre-production model or not?

How's yours running? Put a deposit on a Punibolt this week, keeping fingers crossed that next 2 weeks will fly by!

Cheers
Mud:donatello:

1.Mr. Pipe got our pre production TB2 from other tester !
2. Punisher cars are the 2009 version, We sent some free parts to CML parts for customer service. CML will buy punisher (modified version ) soon.

Chris

I probably got the original servos too. But I tried on multiple radios. I have 4 different 2.4 radios here. my buggy came with a 2.4 radio with the dials for end points. I just gave it to a newbie today so he can toss his Traxxas crap radio out.

I can't post who I got it from here (he's banned) but it was sitting at RC Car Action. Things have been updated since mine came out for sure. I am just working through and making my own changes..

Dino's email is [email protected] but I would try calling him at 1 800 4 JETPRO

the pipe makes such a huge difference it's worth getting right away and the extra weight in back is beneficial in jumping. my buggy flies so flat and true it's awesome

Last edited:
Hi Mr Chris, Mr. P,

Cheers for the reply.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TWO WEEKS TO GO BY!!:gun_bandana::2guns::hammer:

@ Mr Chris

- Sorry, I'm still a little unclear about.. Is 2009 same as pre-production?
- Is there a full list of upgraded (not alloy) parts? and would sChML have the full set of these parts?

@ Mr P

Cheers for the email. Fingers crossed he's got some left.

Back to work this Sunday, for 10 days straight!!

Hi Mr Chris, Mr. P,

Cheers for the reply.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TWO WEEKS TO GO BY!!:gun_bandana::2guns::hammer:

@ Mr Chris

- Sorry, I'm still a little unclear about.. Is 2009 same as pre-production?
- Is there a full list of upgraded (not alloy) parts? and would sChML have the full set of these parts?

@ Mr P

Cheers for the email. Fingers crossed he's got some left.

Back to work this Sunday, for 10 days straight!!

Mr. Pipe's TB2 is preproduction sample and CML's 2009 version is a little different from pre production sample.

For 2010 version, you can visit nutech forum then you can know what changes we done for tb2 .

thanks

Chris

I just talked to Dino. I am taking my FG Semi and Nutech GT5R down so he can start making on road pipes too. I'll take the TB2 as he has 5 acres for me to play on while I wait. He works and I go bashing... sounds like a perfect situation to me hehe.

I had a cel go bad in my lipo. it was an old one I used. so I pulled it and the rx box out. Now I have a 2650 3s lipo mounted in and a small tupperware container holds my rx and stuff. much more waterproof too. might look a little funny (lunch anyone? lol) but works good. also my on/off switch had packed it in. I could have driven it if the switch hadn't died. so now I just have a dean's plug outside the box to plug in. no more switches... should have known to remove it right away when I drive in spring here and all the wet

No worries dude. My buggy was before all the others and will have the most stuff not updated. You will be fine with yours

if you wait, the tb2 pro race will be out around then and you get all the newest goodies and bling. I am going to slowly convert mine as I go...

I figure, I always spend money be it fg or whatever. replacing parts is fine, as long as there is something to put in out. I hate having to mickey mouse all the time... that said sometimes things we make are better but other things you need a machine shop and/or a metal forge to make. so far th little things I have had to do didn't take much time or money, and as you can see, the owner pays closer attention than my fellow forum members... props to Chris and Ethan for their awesome rc's and follow through

Hi guys! (Working solid next two weeks!! Next two weeks gonna fly!!!!)

Michael Schumacher is back!! Watch your butts!!

Cheers again guys for prompt reply:cool2:

@ Chris

Thanks for that info, I'm on there also, shall have a look @@

@ Mr. P

Its wet as hell here as well. England after all.. Have you tried that Plastic Dip? The spray version is gives super nice even finish.

Went down to LHS to have another look at my buddy, the throttle/brake servo slot on the radio tray is a standard sized one. Did you still used 5745 for throttle/brake as well Mr P?

I've found a shop for parts, there're both quite far. One is 2.5hr drive, the other is France. Do like being able to drive and pickup parts, I'm sure later on this year, as the Punibolt becomes more popular, more shops will stock parts.

Two weeks solid at work, then a week and half off (unless works calls for a last minute job they want doing). Fingers crossed!!

Cheers guys

yup, I fit a 5745 in each spot. had to turn braking down to like 40%

the lipo slid in under the motor nicely with room to spare. I could run all weekend on this bad boy. The container for my electronics will do until I find something else esthetically pleasing. but it is now almost waterproof (a couple dabs of shoe goo over the wires fixes that) and it's ready to play. Now I can get all my new lipos soldered with deans and finish my brushless bike. sunday looks like sun so we were talking about a bike get together. my nitro is dying for some action too. gotta give all the toys some love here and there.
DSCI0001-13.gif
DSCI0002-12.gif

Yup,

Saw these pictures on the other thread, I like it though. It's seems to have more space then the stock receiver box. I've decided to go with no frills NiMH batteries, not found cheap Lipo battery/charger combo.

@ Chris

Just went to Nutech website, really liking the Diablo body!! :cool2::clap::hit-it:
Not sure if my Punibolt has side skirts, are these a bolt on or a different chasis?
Are different gear ratios in the pipeline?

Cheers guys!

Come on two weeks!!

Last edited:
if not you can order the skirts. I have to get off my butt and send sickboy some money to get my body started. then it will look just like an 8th scale buggy on steroids

Ya Sickboy makes these. this is the hormann shell. tell me this won't look awesome
014.jpg

015.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks