Nylon intake gasket issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as daft as it sounds do you need to be a little braver when tightening, for instance once tight give it an extra 1/16th of a turn for squish of the gasket.
Just gonna have to be careful of stripped threads.
Just a thought, pull the block off and run a tap down the threads to make sure they are clear, they could not be fully threaded so bottoming out before fully tight, so will feel tight and locked but isn't clamping, if memory serves me right they will be M5 using 4mm allen key.

I did tighten it to the point I was expecting the allen to slip...i have put a candy cane spiral down my allen wrench so yea its tight
Buy a torque wrench,great tool to have and not that expensive.
Buy a torque wrench,great tool to have and not that expensive.
I think I paid like $50 for a 20-120 in lbs.Really comes in handy when doing anything to your motor.

Last edited:
Tbh I always thought the 1/4" was over kill till I was at perkins training. Part of the course was removing and installing the injectors. The wire were held on these tiny little nuts on top the injector. The instructor walked over and said what ya torque them too? I said tight enough. He went and got this little screwdriver looking torque wrench and set it to 4 in lbs. Cant believe I didnt snap every last stud off the injectors. He had me click up till I found what I had tightened them to most were in the 12 to 13 in lb range. Took a few of the Nuts off and you could see where the studs were getting ready to pop off on a few of the tighter ones. Lesson learned. (I still don't own one myself, but I'm very cautious around small fasteners now)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks