Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coop, you doing any special break in process on your new truck?
Not sure what ny law is but in nj plates have to go to similar vehicles. So you can't go from car to truck here you have to get new plates and since cars and suvs have different gvw most likely can't transfer here

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Here it's built into the regi, transfer and your truck weighs more you just pay more. Don't need different plates unless commercial.

Got plates fast :oops: ... takes almost a month in nj
Transfered the plates from the Camaro over to the Jeep. Now if it was a Pickup Truck I would have had to get new plates. Usually the dealers have new plates they can put on new cars. At least that was how it worked on the one pickup truck I had.
Coop, you doing any special break in process on your new truck?

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Here it's built into the regi, transfer and your truck weighs more you just pay more. Don't need different plates unless commercial.
Nope they didn't tell me I had to do any special break in. So drive it like I stole it with in reason . I need to bring it in at 6000 miles for its first oil change.

Transfered the plates from the Camaro over to the Jeep. Now if it was a Pickup Truck I would have had to get new plates. Usually the dealers have new plates they can put on new cars. At least that was how it worked on the one pickup truck I had.

Nope they didn't tell me I had to do any special break in. So drive it like I stole it with in reason . I need to bring it in at 6000 miles for its first oil change.
plus it prob has break in oil in there anyways

I mean that its not a race engine thats been blueprinted,balanced, polished, all of the bearing clearances jotted down....ffs its a mass produced engine if it goes boom while under warranty with regular conventional oil it gets replaced. And having oil changed by a dealer on a regular car is just suggested not mandatory...but if something was to go bad the manufacturer will want to see proof of oil changes depending on scenario..... break in oil has more in it than just oil....look it up like I had to Google your gibberish

So I decided to get a Cold Air intake for her. Let her breath a little easier.

View attachment 75664View attachment 75665View attachment 75666
Coop that's not truly a "cold air intake" that's a "short ram" and not to be a peepee but those are notorious for wallet bait and zero hp gains, if anything you may have lost some hp and efficiency as short rams do little but just suck in hot air. I'm curious what's with the "K&N equiped" sticker on your oem airbox ? Do Jeeps come factory new with K&N filters ? I added a Injen CAI on my 2006 Civic Si and it was a ton of work (had to completely pull nose assembly off) had to trim the inner fender for clearence. Lastly on the Civic Si's you need to literally destroy the intake sound resonator box to remove it. When all was said and done Injen claimed a 10 hp gain and I didn't feel squat as far as any type of performance gain, but I do hear a lot more air turbulance noise when mashing WOT . The good is I also didnt loose any fuel milage efficiency.

Last edited:
Coop that's not truly a "cold air intake" that's a "short ram" and not to be a peepee but those are notorious for wallet bait and zero hp gains, if anything you may have lost some hp and efficiency as short rams do little but just suck in hot air. I'm curious what's with the "K&N equiped" sticker on your oem airbox ? Do Jeeps come factory new with K&N filters ? I added a Injen CAI on my 2006 Civic Si and it was a ton of work (had to completely pull nose assembly off) had to trim the inner fender for clearence. Lastly on the Civic Si's you need to literally destroy the intake sound resonator box to remove it. When all was said and done Injen claimed a 10 hp gain and I didn't feel squat as far as any type of performance gain, but I do hear a lot more air turbulance noise when mashing WOT . The good is I also didnt loose any fuel milage efficiency.
What ever. https://www.rpm-motorsports.com/store/p310/2014-jeep-cherokee-intake-cold-air-intake.html . You can argue with RPM Motorsports. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I have a K&N flat filter in the stock air box . That's why the sticker is on it.

Think about it for a minuet coop. You went from a sealed airbox that got fresh air from the fender or front clip, to a filter open filter sitting next to a hot engine. Looks cool yes. Functionality ah not so much. Same thing happens with the idiots that run open filters on top of carbs. They suck all the hot air in from the engine instead of cooler fresh air from elsewhere.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks